Saturday, April 4, 2009

A Star Is Born

Her name is Gabby. No, she is not a Galloping Grace foal, but I just knew you'd all like seeing pictures of this little beauty queen who arrived just after 6:00 AM this morning. After all, she's my little horse niece and I'm so proud of her.

Gracie Lou, her mama, also seems pretty proud as well. Ha--even her tail is precious.

Beth, my sis-in-law, woke up early to check on her mare. As she got outside, she saw Gracie Lou lying down and witnessed her water break right as she approached the pen. What are the odds? She ran inside screaming for her family to get up and see the foal be born. Luckily, they all made it outside in time to see little Gabby make her grand entrance.

Congratulations to Roy, Beth, Jessie and Matthew--your new baby couldn't be cuter.

13 comments:

Robin said...

So cute!!!

TjandMark said...

Ahwwww. So Cute. We may be having our own new baby come June.

Dan and Betty said...

Great pictures. You can't beat baby pictures - human or animal. She's going to be a beauty.

Dan

Samantha said...

Okay, that's the cutest horse ever. And the photos ALMOST rival my baby elephant. ;)

Train Wreck said...

Oh she is precious! I love thos wobbly little legs! We are expecting our first baby in a few months. Thanks for sharing. She must look like her daddy? he he

Cindy said...

Oh. my. She is unspeakably cute. Congrats to all. It's funny, just the other day my kids were asking me why GGYR doesn't have colts. What are the odds? Of course, the fact that we were reading Farmer Boy probably had something to do with the question.

Andrea said...

Oh she is so adorable!! Look at those legs!! A little Tobiano!! She is too cute!!

Fantastyk Voyager said...

Awww, I love her! How wild that a gray Mama has such a pretty brown and white pinto!! What color is Dad? Like father, like daughter?

She's soooooo cute!!!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

So sweet! She already looks to big to fit inside her Mama! What a big girl!
Gabby reminds me of my own mare when she was a baby. You know I adore the paints.
Those pics are great, especially the last two. Gracie Lou looks like a very good Mama.

Val's mare is due in less than two months!! Woot Woot! So excited. I hope I get to see the birth! I may just camp out in her barn for 2 weeks. lol!

~Lisa

Auntie Nee said...

Congrats Roy, Beth, Jessie, & Matthew!!!!!!

So cute

The Wades said...

Trainwreck and Fantastyk Voyager--yep, she's a paint like her daddy. I don't think she'll ever get to meet him in "person"--one of those dead beat dads who makes a deposit and then has nothing to do w/ the offspring. ;)

Lisa said...

awww...love this...horse babies, baby babies...love it

Shelly said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!