Tonight I'd like to thank Mike and Steph, our Galloping Grace neighbors, for taking in three of the our horses for the winter while Max recovered from heart surgery. This was no easy task. They had to move panels around, build pens, move tanks, etc.
Black is one of the older, if not the oldest, horses at GG. Steph wanted to be able to keep an eye on him throughout the winter. Buck was another one that needed more attention. Last winter he had a terrible time with the cold and could barely walk. Instead of joining the rest of the herd at our family cattle ranch, they ate warm mush and listened as Steph whispered sweet nothings in their ears all day. Spoiled, spoiled! (And when I say spoiled, I mean really loved!)
Steph and Mike also kept our little problem child, Poncho. Poncho wouldn't survive 10 minutes at the Wade Ranch with his bad case of little man's syndrome. Poncho has spent the last few months acting obnoxious and annoying Mike and Steph's mini gelding, Yukon. Let's face it--Poncho doesn't know how to play well with others! (When will someone please come out and fix his little uh, um, problem. The stud needs to be gelded and how!)
This was Buck the day Brooke brought him back to GG. I bet he was crying to himself the whole time wondering why he was being dragged from the Crown Plaza to Motel 6. The room service is not near as grand.
This is the pen Mike and Steph set up for us on our place! Yep, Mike and Steph set it up for us. They are such great friends and neighbors. Mike wanted to help Max out when he was suffering with his bad nerve pain.
Would you believe there are more incredible boarders in this here par-tic-u-lar post? Not to be outdone in the wonderful department we have Roy and Beth.
Roy is seen here carrying one of the bags of feed they donated to Flame and Galloping Grace. (Why do some people tell you that they will let you reimburse them for hay and grain and then decide to be nice and donate instead? Should I put up with such kindness??!)
Roy is one of Max's big brothers and Beth is our fab sister-in-law. They volunteered to keep Flame at their place to try and fatten him up--he has super bad teeth and requires extra care.
Roy and Beth, thank you so very much for having Flame spend the winter with you. He looks so good!
Look at this picture.
Once Flame was safely back at GG, Max and Grant walked over to Steph's house to get Black.
Now these two old men are peacefully sharing a pen and all the senior feed they can eat. (Calm down horse people--not all they can eat.)
Roy, Beth, Steph and Mike--thanks again for being there for us. We love and thank you all.
Anyone notice I didn't post any pictures of Poncho being back at GG? There's a reason for that. I told Steph that we'd like to show our gratitude for all they've done for us by gifting her that ol' lovable teddy bear. For some strange reason, Steph is showing resistance accepting our present. Trish even joined in and said how happy they'd all be together. Silly Steph keeps saying she can't accept our incredible (hee hee) generosity. We'll keep trying. In the mean time, I'll extend the offer to you. Who thinks they deserve that little angel? That perfect little studly specimen? Make us an offer we can't refuse. We beg you.
Happy Friday to all.
9 comments:
I love the story of Black who used to be just an old ranch horse. At the big ranch he was a real loner and was lost out in the pastures. Now he is one of the most favorite for children to ride and he has moved center stage in the pampering stage. It gives this old girl hope (hee hee) perhaps I can find a pen close to Steph and Mike's for my even latter years???
Continue to enjoy you life ole boy and happy trails to you.
JuJu
Glad to see the horses back at the ranch.
If you give Poncho away, what would Bear do with his time?
Dan
You have such a great group of people around you! I'm glad those 3 were able to find some cushy temporary digs! ;) Older horses do need some extra care. And I'm sure they love being spoiled by all the kiddos at the ranch! Just look at Black's gray hairs on his face!
I love your blog and thanks for stopping in on mine! You have many interesting stories and pics. I feel from the pictures you are in New Mexico? What parts? I'm in Artesia Southeast. Where the wind just blows and blows. I'll make sure to stop in again! :)
You should ask Mark about Poncho. He seems to be in the receptive mood for horses. LOL. But then again, maybe you better not. I think Mustang Buddy would be hard on the little fellow! Don't you just love equine senior! It has really kept our old charlie horse going.
I'm so thrilled the horses are coming home to GGYR. It makes my heart happy.
What a blessing Steph, Mike, Roy and Beth are. Bravo!
I just set up my appointment to bring the girls in May! We all did a little happy-dance.
Sounds like you have a wonderful group of people around you to help when you needed it. That is so awesome!
Mike and Steph (and Mikey) -- I wish you knew how much M&M constantly talk about you guys and how lucky they are to have you for neighbors and what a huge help you are and about all the work you do and how everything you do makes their life and mission so much easier and and and . . . . you guys are totally a blessing!
The Wades thank you,
the GGYR board thanks you,
the horses thank you, and
the children thank you!
Misha
Get Poncho gelded and maybe you'll gets tons of offers.....
~Lisa
Post a Comment