Because I have a BBQ luncheon to prepare for, I'm going to leave you tonight with a couple pictures of Black having a really hard day.
Candido tells the story of a day about twenty years ago when his wife got it in her head that she was going to groom Black and braid his mane. That's exactly what she did. When Candido later saw his tough working horse looking like a pampered freak, he was not pleased in the slightest. He immediately went for a pair of clippers and cut Black's mane completely off!! I think that was the last time Flora ever made that mistake.
Black, enjoy all the love you can get--you've earned it!
Galloping Grace...bringing pure joy to horses.
10 comments:
Good for Black= he does totally deserve it!!!
Thanks girls. He still looks great
Black, you are one spoiled horse! Livin' the rough life are ya?
Just seeing all those girls brushing away brings a smile to my face!
That is such a handsome old boy! He's been through a lot, but this has to be the cherry on the top! Has his personality changed since his roping days, now that he's a GG youth horse? My horse was really "all business" and kind of indifferent when I first got him. I think I've- I know- spoiled him a bit too much. But more than that, I think I've allowed him to show a bit of the personality I knew he had in there somewhere! ;)
Those kids were great. They all worked hard with no complaints, loved on the horses, and had a great time riding.
It was a joy to be around them.
Dan
A troublemaking person might suggest that Candido is insecure in his masculinity... nah, just a guy lookin out for his friend.
What a nice horse. That surely is the deluxe treatment!
What a life.....can we switch places, boy? lol!
~Lisa
I would have been so mad at Candido!!
Glad Black is getting pampered. Did he get his nails (hoofs) painted too?
Black looks like he is in heaven!! What a lucky man!! Just let those girls know I have about 15 more over at my house that need done next!! :)
Post a Comment