Today was exciting at the ranch. I hope to post on that tomorrow. After the happenings out there, Max and Grant came home for a nap while I went to help at my son's preschool. Around 6 PM I called home. Max didn't answer the phone which concerned me. I came home to see what was going on and get Grant to take him back to his Art Show. I found Max shaking and pale, clenching his arms across his chest--obviously in tremendous pain. Apparently he heard the phone ringing but physically could not get out of bed. He was taking short breaths to try and deal with the immense pain and couldn't get himself up. I asked if he wanted me to take him to the ER, but all he wanted was to get in the hot shower. For some reason that helps him a bit. I gave him some Motrin and headed out the door. (With his urgings and blessings, of course--the other three kids were there waiting on me to return.)
He is doing better now--better than the horrible condition he was in earlier. We will definitely be calling the doctor again tomorrow. The last he told Max yesterday was that Max should wait a week and if he still isn't better, he will give Max a referral to a neuromuscular specialist. I am now saying that cannot wait. Max has been suffering with this for two weeks and it is only getting worse. Max told me a bit ago that the episode he had earlier was the single most painful experience of his life!! No, not the terrible pain after heart surgery when his pain meds wore of and he was vomiting with a broken sternum--today, three months post surgery. Clearly something is very wrong and we can't seem to get any answers. In both the surgeon and the cardiologist's defense, they have tried to help him. They gave him all the diagnostic tests to check his heart and valve function. Everything checked out beautifully.
Oh, another thing. Max saw his Coumadin specialist today to check his blood and make sure his INR levels were fine. This is the level that determines that his blood is thin enough not to clot but not too thin so he doesn't develop a gastrointestinal bleed. After a month and a half of having the level just where it needs to be, he is too high. Instead of a 2.5, he is a 5.5. He now needs to go to the lab and get a more accurate count taken. Is anyone feeling sorry for Max's wife's nerves right about now?? Just wondering.
Thank you so very much for all your prayers and well wishes from the last update. They mean a lot to both of us.
Here's hoping tomorrow's post brings happy words your way. Have yourself a good day.
And no, I am not pregnant--not at all. That was another one of my twisted attempts at humor. I thought you all knew I was teasing--I just mentioned April Fools jokes. Isn't that the most standard one out there--the pregnant one? Sorry if I misled and you already started crocheting a baby blanket for my little fetus cutie. Please know I appreciate your generosity. You should now finish it for someone who is more wholesome and honest and worthy. :)
12 comments:
Oh my. Poor Max. I will pray for him to get well soon.
Our prayers go out for Max. That's so hard for him. He should be better by now!! I hope you get a second opinion, because he shouldn't have to go thru this.
Hugs to you, for being there and making it thru this with him. You are an angel :)
We continue to pray, but let us know if there is anything else we can do.
Dan
I really hope that Max feels better soon. That sounds horrible. I hope getting his blood levels fixed helps out with him feeling better.
And girl, I knew you were joking about being prego, I was too!
Sorry Max is so misreable, I bet you are worried sick. Keep seeing doctors, someone will find the reason and a way to fix it. First thing April fools morning the kids said, "Are you going to call daddy at work and tell him your pregnant?" Yup, I do that every year too. Almost had him this year, but unfortunatley my symptoms are perimenopause. We will be praying for Max and your nerves.
you should consider increasing the size of your font.
r
thanks all for you kind words,
regina, i don't know why the font is smaller. i posted on the mac. ?? does it change for some reason? i'll pay more attention tonight. i'll tell max you cared. ;)
We are so sorry to hear of all the medical issues Max has had lately! Our prayers are with you and we just wanted to say hi and check on your horse ranch, not knowing all this was going on. Hope Grant is keeping you as busy as David keeps us! Hope Max gets to feeling better soon. Have a great Easter
Montoya Family
I was really hoping that better news would be in store for me to read this evening. I have been thinking about Max so much today and hoping things were taking a turn for the better and extremely less painful. I really hope that answers to his pain will come very soon....I can't stand to think of someone feeling that way.
Michelle....who did you outbid last night...I am sure you and Trish had quite a time outbidding eachother. Although maybe Trish's inlaws did you both in!
Last night I couldn't sleep, and so I used the time to pray and Max and you kept coming to the forefront of my mind. Often the hardest thing is the 'not knowing'. Hang in there. Peace to your hearts.
Michelle,
You tell Max that most men couldn't handle the pain he's been experiencing! Even though he probably didn't feel tough the other night, he's one tough booger!
Cowboy up,Max!
Michelle!!
Did you notice my previous comment about the possibility of Max having Causalgia/Complex Regional Pain Syndrome?
Have you talked with Max's doctors about this possibility yet?
Don't wait! Early diagnosis and treatment leads to a better result. And if it's not treated early, can cause long term suffering and damage.
Please Michelle. Check into that, ok?
I'm so worried for Max.
Also check out Jenny's blog. I included the link in my previous comment about this. Her blog is Ironwood Farm and she lives in the South Valley. Her husband was injured on the farm and that injury caused his neuralgia. His treatment came too late and he's getting worse not better.
Contact Jenny for more information and support. I don't want Max to be in any more pain.
I'm going to pray for him with all my heart.
((((((((HUGS)))))))))
~Lisa
Post a Comment