As told by Hank, our lovable golden retriever.
I start with the freshest of birds. That's very important, you know.
I am done with food.
I will eat ONLY when I'm hungry from now on.
Wait...
Dessert! Just a little something to satisfy my sweet tooth.
I tell ya, it's good to be a dog.
I gotta go sleep this off. Check back with me again--maybe I'll teach you the proper way to take a bath.
20 comments:
Ok. That was gross. Nothing freaks me our more than seeing a dead bird.
Is it just me? Maybe I don't know much about dogs (apparently), but why is Hank eating birds?? Why are you letting him do that? I'm disturbed by this.
Well, he IS a bird dog, right?! ;) Those feathers on his doggie jowls....can't hide what he's done there! I hope he doesn't get sick. Although my sister's cats eat mice and birds and snakes all of the time and are fine!
Oh Michelle, Hank is SO GROSS!!! But he does tell a good story.....tell him he's not invited to our house though...he might teach Parker bad habits of chasing the chickens.....
Hank is eating the bird because he is a dog and dogs eat all manner of things. I grew up on a farm and dogs sort of rule and keep the balance. Go Hank!
I have been keeping up with the blog for a long time, but just could not connect all the dots to start an account and add comments, what can I say, I am the older generation and these things do not come easy for me.
Dogs will be dogs! The things they eat, get into, roll in. We get our fair share of that, but they haven't eaten a bird yet, oh wait, my dogs are herding dogs, they prefer to nip our heels and herd us all day!
Great pictures of Hank!
Now I can't decide which is worse- horse and cow poop, or dead birds.
Blech. Gag. Glad I'm not a dog.
Okay okay, Garrett being the great marksman that he is, shot the bird. On the first try! It was very impressive. Hank did want any good golden would do retrieved the kill. But, didn’t want to give the bird up, and was very proud of himself for retrieving the bird and just wanted to help Garrett pluck it. However Hank being the puppy that he is just got a little carried away. Another reason you don’t let Hank give you kisses.
My golden just brings me dirty socks. I'm never gonna' yell at her again for that!!
Shall I email you a CDC sheet with everything you can get from birds?!
Just playin'.
Love ya.
As said before, no way will I let Hank kiss me.
Actually, I think it was more fun than eating. Dogs love to pull things apart whenever they can.
He's a good looking Golden.
Dan
My Aubrey just read this post and giggled the whole way through!
Beautiful Dog! I loved this blog! What a great idea.
Hahahaha! Man do my dogs love anything dead! It's so gross! What a good looking dog!
Oh my goodness, I am cracking up over here. The looks on that dog's face!! Oh Hank, you little devil you!! He almost looks like he is going to be sick in some of those. Like he can't bear to look at the bird anymore. LOL!! And those feathers on his tongue, oh dear!!! Good boy Hank!
That is hilarious and disgusting. And it's a tribute to Hank's gorgeousness that he looks pretty even with feathers hanging off his face. :)
okay - now that was a GREAT POST!!! you've outdone yourself Michelle!!
Hank is absolutely gorgeous!
Ok, maybe I am 'awkward' but I really can relate to Hank and his internal talk. Maybe not the bird... but without the feathers and roasted....perhaps. Kind of looked like a dove, doves are pretty good.
ok -- I feel totally sick now. bleh!
Ummm...hello....swine flu...anyone?
Ewww!
~Lisa
Post a Comment