Wednesday, June 9, 2010

How Do You Plea?

News from the slammer.

The very next time I decide to marry a hardened criminal, I vow to marry one with a surname residing in the first half of the alphabet!

Max and Michelle Wade, the deadbeats of Rio Rancho, attended a proceeding in Municipal Court on a zoning violation. Michelle was rather smashing in her dark blue pants, a pleasant change from her tired blue jeans. Max, dapper in his collared shirt. Sitting in the back row cuddling and planning their defense, the morning was almost pleasant. No children to interrupt, no laundry to fold--maybe there is something to a life of crime.

They patiently waited as all the drunk drivers, shoplifters, and drug possessors argued their side of the story. This judge, a fair and kind man, graciously handed out community service like candy at Halloween. In the mean time, Max and Michelle debated back and forth--guilty, not guilty, or no contest? What was the truthful answer to the burning question?

"Max Wade." Finally--W called.

Michelle walked up the aisle along side her criminal spouse. The judge looked at the cowboy and read the charge. "You are accused of having horses but no primary residence--apparently this is a crime?.!.!? How do you plea?"

Max, "Well, sir, we do have horses there. . ."

Michelle, "We do want to build our house but the City is not allowing us to put in the water line. Without it, we cannot build our house. They are awaiting a meeting on June 23 for a vote on a new pro rata agreement. The permits have been pulled, the engineering done--we just can't build because the City is not allowing us."

Kind judge, "Well, I'm going to enter a plea of 'not guilty' and we'll see you back here in 30 days. Hopefully by that time we can have some resolution to this matter."

Max and Michelle exited the courtroom, pleased that fair, level-headed judges do exist.

Until next time. . .



Thanks to the gang for running the ranch in Max's absence. Way to be Melissa, Steph, Carri, Leah, De, Joyce, and Kat!


7 comments:

Melissa said...

I thought I was the only bad one of the bunch! whew! You two are way worse than I ever was..making out in the back waiting your turn. wow.

Rio Rancho will let anyone into their city won't they!

Cindy said...

You slay me. Ya know, PW wrote a book.

Just saying.

Samantha said...

I love it...cuddling in court! Only you guys. ;)

Glad the judge was ensnared by your web of love. ;)

TjandMark said...

Amen.

Regina said...

good thing there is a space between any and more when referring to loving him.

eats
shoots
and
leaves


r

Dan and Betty said...

Shucks. I was looking forward to visiting you in the slammer. I don't know about the orange jumpsuits they make you wear. It may not be your best color.

Oh well. Maybe in 30 days.

;)

Dan

Keri said...

ha ha he he! so happy that you got busted out of the pseudo-slammer. hope the next hurdle goes well. love from Alamo~