Thursday, June 10, 2010

Cha Ching!

Potentially great news--

While checking out at Sam's Club yesterday, I had the pleasure of visiting with my cashier. He had edgy hair--one of those cool kids who probably shouldn't be gabbing with a frumpy house wife in serious need of a trim. We got to chit chatting, both expressing how tired we were. He asked what I did. I told him I had been driving my children all around going here and there. I then went on to explain about GGYR.

Cool guy: So is this ranch for people my age?

Frumpy: Well, people your age usually volunteer.

Cool guy: Oh, OK. They volunteer.

Frumpy: Yes, we're run entirely on volunteers.

Cool guy: How much does it cost?

Frumpy: It's all free. It doesn't cost a thing to come out.

Cool guy: Cool. Who funds it for you?

Frumpy: Well, not anyone in particular. We have different individuals who donate money, saddles, horses, trees, etc. It's really pretty amazing.

Cool guy: Hmm. I'm sure there is funding out there.

Frumpy: Yeah, probably.

Cool guy: I tell you what--when I win the lottery, I'm going to give you one million dollars. Does that sound good?

Frumpy: That sounds amazing. Thank you very much.

Cool guy: Sure. If I win, I don't need all that money anyway. I'm going to give you a million.

Cool guy extended hand, looked me in the eye, and showed his intent to share his riches.

I left there feeling good about the youth of today. What a nice guy.


7 comments:

TjandMark said...

It leaves me feeling good too and teary eyed. I pictured him so well in my mind's eye. Great job on retelling the story. And just think, soon you will have your water line funded!

Robin said...

What a nice guy, so willing to give - when his ship comes in.

BTW-Do you EVER visit the ranch anymore? Missed you again today.

Samantha said...

Um, sounds like Cool Guy might have developed an instant crush on said housewife. Sorry I'm not as quick to applaud his altruistic tendencies. I've seen your photo, after all. ;)

Cindy said...

Frumpy? I've cornered the market on frumpy. Don't move in on my turf.

Anyway, I have no doubts about the young man with the edgy hair's intentions. What a generous offer.

I'm going to Sam's now.

Cindy said...

You should buy that guy a lottery ticket.

Keri said...

Gotta love Costco and potential lottery winners! :)

sanjeet said...

just think, soon you will have your water line funded!
PPC Advertising India