Tonight I have hobbled from room to room. What a silly klutz I am! I did a doozy on my right foot. I was thinking for a while that it had to be broken, but I am now settling on miserably jammed. It hurts most at the base of my big toe where the pad is. My panic is that tomorrow morning three of our kiddos start school. My mission on the first day is always to quickly move from class to class of my three children taking pictures (to be included in the end of the year slide show) of all the students waiting for the day to begin . This takes incredible athletic ability, intense desire, and a willingness to make a fool of myself in front of parents I've never met. How, I ask, am I going to accomplish that task tomorrow (Thursday) morning? Yes I know, there are people out there with real problems. I'm just going to argue for a second that it is all relative. After all, my foot is throbbing away.
Sticking to the school theme that seems to have consumed these last two posts, I thought I'd share the letter Max wrote to Brooke's new teacher, Mr. L. He requires his students to apply for work positions in his classroom. In this application, there is a section for references and a request for a letter of recommendation from each person listed. This is Max's letter (posted without his permission because he's sleeping and I don't feel like walking on my foot and asking if he'd mind):
Dear Mr. L.,
I am writing this letter in reference to Brooke A. Wade.
Brooke is an amazing child and I am proud to say that I am her father. This summer I have seen Brooke grow into a very responsible and caring young lady. I am a youth ranch director and have developed a youth mentorship program of which Brooke is one of the leaders. Though she is only ten years old, she has shown me a sincere, mature aptitude for serving others.
During a mentorship session, Brooke works along side a younger participant while they do a work project, groom and saddle the horse,
Sincerely,
Max A. Wade
I love that Max guy.
I love that Brooke girl.
I love Motrin.
Happy walking to you.
17 comments:
:( And when you hurt your feet you get stepped on all the time. I'm sorry that you fell. I'm sure you will still be at school with a smile on your face clicking away. Tell Mr. L "Hi!" from us. Kiddos I hope you have a great school year this year.
You are so funny! I can't believe you would embarrass your daughter like that, but it's kind of your job, being her mother and all. Your poor foot . . .
Mr. L sounds great! Nice letter, and all so true. I'm telling you, Brooke, Mr. L. will turn out to be one of your very favorite teachers! Happy first day!!
As a fellow kultz who has all the grace of a three legged turtle, I know how it feels. Hope your kiddos have a great day and you also. MATT
Oh so sorry about that toe!! I do feel your pain............or did. I was however lucky enough that I could blame my broken toe on Mrs. Lindsey. =)
Boston
I love this post, except the foot part. Brooke is such a special kid!
Good luck to all the kiddos today!
Motrin: Better living through chemistry. ;)
Cool letter. Cool kid that earned it.
Hi from Helena, Montana.
Sorry about your foot, but that's OK, you've got another one.
Great letter from Max and it's all true. Brooke's one cool young lady.
After Saturday, we will not have Internet access for over a week so I'll be gone for awhile.
Be good.
Dan
Well I am not on your positive vibe that it is jammed. SORRY!!! OH Well. I am sure you will run around in flip flops and be in pain but your pictures are SOOOO worth it.
Hope the kids have a great day at school.
love
why didnt you show pictures of your toe? it sure does look bad.
my lovely nieces and nephew, i hope you have (had) a great, wonderfully terrific day at school!! we miss you guys.
r
What a sweet letter from dad, I'm sure she will get a great position! She is learning so much at the ranch! I hope your foot is okay and you get those pictures...being a teacher, I know the excitement parents have for those first day pictures! :)
Aww, that was a sweet letter. Brook has always been that sweet smiley face. And as for your hurdle jumping first day of school photo task....I'm sure you did jsut fine. If you already make a fool of yourself, who cares if you have to do it hobbling?! Hope they all had a great first day! Can you believe we have 5th graders now?
That letter makes me love Brooke and Max. Sweeeeet.
I'm sorry for your poor toe, bubela. I hope it gets better fast so you can get back to your tango lessons.
What more could we say that hasn't already been said? Of course, if Mark was sitting here he would have some witty response.
So sorry, my friend! You didn't even mention it when we talked! I hope you recover quickly!
The letter was soooooooo precious. If I ever need a reference letter, I'm coming to you guys!
Sending love & healing hugs,
k
Oh no!!! So sorry about your foot. I hope it gets better soon.
I love you! You make me laugh and smile. I hope you're feeling better. I'm not laughing at your injury you know that right? I love the 3 lines at the end!
I had Mr. L when I was in 5th grade!!! So did Amy!!! I love that guy!!! He was one of my favorite teachers!!! Hope school is going great!!!
Post a Comment