Sunday, August 23, 2009

Image Not Found

I don't ask a lot of Max. Hardly anything at all, really. If a man's gonna have a wife, he would want one like me. Right, honey? Honey?

So why do you think Max would neglect to take pictures of a hay loading and unloading when his wife so lovingly encouraged him to take the camera? I have no idea. But I can tell you one thing, it verges on spousal abuse. The thought of taking the camera out of the bag never occurred to him the entire day. Not when he, Kurt, Gary and Darren went to the farm. Not when Roy rode out to meet them. Not when Becky, Rebekah, Marcie, Amanda, Sarah, Carri, Alex, Renee, Steph, Mike, Kurt and Deborah stared unloading--not even once.

I called Max on my way out to the ranch after dropping the girls off at a slumber party.

Me: Honey, are you taking pictures of the unloading until I get there?
Max: Uh, no.
Me: Well, you took some earlier. . . right?
Max: No, not a one. It never crossed my mind. I'm sorry.

Thirteen years married and the man doesn't realize thorough documentation of blog worthy events is my love language? Could it be that he doesn't care? Surely not.

Alex, master photographer extraordinaire, was there during the unloading and that didn't even spark Max's memory. He got the camera out after I called, but by then the work had ended. Alex had my camera when I got there. When it came time for a group picture of the remaining crew, I let Alex go ahead and take it.

I think it turned out really cute. Somehow Alex took it in black and white as well. All hay buddies, thanks so much for helping out! We really appreciate your time and muscles. I've been there and know what hard, itchy, sweaty work that is. GG is lucky to have you.

Max, you're still the best hubby ever! I love you and your forgetful brain.

I wanted to give a big shout out to Becky. She is training for a marathon and had run TWENTY miles earlier in the day. She then came out and threw hay bales around! Impressive stuff. That is what I call going above and beyond.

7 comments:

Fantastyk Voyager said...

Lol, he was too busy bucking hay bales to take any photos, right?

Becky is quite an athelete!

I really like the B & W shot, very cool!

Pam said...

It is a good thing Michelle, you are sooo forgiving because otherwise that would be grounds for the big D! Way to go Becky.

Auntie Nee said...

Come on you got to give the guy a break he has a cyst, remember!! or is that excuse overplayed??

The Wades said...

Renee, he had better hold on to that excuse.

Val, that's just it--he bucked some hay bales but knew better than to do too many or his nerve issue might flare back up. He had plenty of time to snap away.

Pam, unfortunately he's way too cute.

Keri said...

You created a good mental image~
:)

Samantha said...

Irksome how the hubbies don't spend their every waking moment pondering our needs. What's up with that? :)

TjandMark said...

Becky is my hero, as I sit on my butt on drink soda and eat candy and read about people doing active things like throwing hay bales and running. I think I should get up and get busy. Nah. maybe tomorrow.