Friday, August 7, 2009

Saddle Up

Hello All, 


Its Renee and I am doing tonight’s blog report.  


I figured it has been a few months since you last heard from me and I have decided to grace you all with my wit tonight (for those of you who know me, you know this is a lie!!!)

 

I am going to praise Max and Michelle tonight instead of just making fun of Max.  Okay, I can’t make any promises on not picking on Max (it is to easy sometimes).  I met Max and Michelle when I was going to NMSU.  For those of you who don’t know the story, my sister (Regina) is married to Michelle’s brother (Tug).  So you can say I have known Max and Shell a long time. They have always made me feel like part of their family, even though I am not really not.  The kindness you see and feel from them is genuine, so when they told me they were going to start a youth ranch it just made sense.  I was just hoping that Max was going to give better instruction to the kids than what he gave to me the first time he taught me to saddle a horse.  Do you feel a story coming on, well I do!!!!!


The first time I saddled a horse was at what we call the “big ranch”.  Max showed me how to saddle.  The instructions were as follows:

      Max: Brush the horse to get the dirt off, put on the blanket, put on the saddle, take this black strap (cinch) and put it around this buckle, make sure it is tight, put the back strap on, but not too tight because then you will have a rodeo.  You paying attention because next time you are going to do it by yourself.

Renee:  (Insert look of panic)

Max:  This is a bridle, you put the bit in the mouth and attach the rest over the ears.  Got it?  Good.  Put your left foot in the stir up and get up.


Well to say the least Max has improved on his teaching techniques!!!  Thank Goodness!!!!


OK, ok I am done picking on Max.


They have made a difference in so many peoples lives, including my own.  I just wanted to take this opportunity to say THANKS!!  I am always going to be proud to say Max, Michelle and the kids are part of my family (whether they want me or not!!!!!!)


5 comments:

Regina said...

could you make the font a little larger please?
hi renee. the wades have you fooled, ya fool.
r

TjandMark said...

Cute story renee! We don't really know Max and Michelle, only met them briefly once, but we think they seem pretty nice and sincere too. I guess we are fooled too, huh Regina?

Angela said...

I always liked to make fun of Max too! :)

Keri said...

Hi Renee~
Nice post! And I totally agree with you. They are wonderful.
Get some glasses, Regina!

The Wades said...

Keri, I did enlarge the post for her, but still!

Angela, we miss you!

Regina, get some nice pills!

TJ, stay away from Regina. SHe's nothing but trouble.