Friday, August 14, 2009

Max posting:

A few days ago, Michelle posted about three sweet little girls (Ashley, Lauren, and Kaitlyn) who could not contain their excitement about being around the horses. Well, they came again, and this time bearing gifts.

Each of the girls was carrying something as they arrived. As they walked down the road, I tried to figure out what they had in their arms. All I could tell was that whatever they had was big and cumbersome to carry. Too curious to stand and wait, I walked to meet them on the road. The closer I got the faster they walked and the faster they talked. I don't remember who had what but the first thing I could decipher was that one of them had COOKIES!! Because I am generally hungry, and love to snack, I was particularly excited about this. The next thing I heard was CARROTS!! Now, I don't get all that excited about carrots for myself, but generally the kids don't bring them for me but rather for the horses. This does make me happy because I can tell that they truly love these tasty orange snacks. These carrots however, were particularly special.

Ashley, Lauren, and Kaitlyn excitedly told me about these unique bundles of veggies. The two Wal-Mart bags were full of HOME GROWN carrots. These three girls had planted the carrots in their grandmother's garden months earlier and had picked them specifically for the horses!

The girls without a doubt loved riding that day, but I think we all had just as much excitement going from one horse to another so that they could sample these homegrown treats. I, of course, had a great time sampling the cookies later that morning.

The horses and I thank you girls for the great memories and snacks!!!

3 comments:

Robin said...

How sweet!!!

Cindy said...

Home grown carrots! I love it when the horses get VIP treatment:) Way to go, girls! (Max too, he deserves some homemade cookies!)

MaskedMan said...

Now that is sweet beyond words. How open and generous are the hearts of children!