Tuesday, August 4, 2009

From Oregon With Love

Don't you just love it when long lost friends who moved away a few years back call you out of the blue and tell you they're in town and then agree to come out to your youth ranch for a lovely little visit? Well, don't you? I know I do! It was perfect--there were a few volunteers (thanks all!) at GG today working with the scheduled children so Max got to take our friends' children for an unexpected spin on Seabiscuit.
It made my heart happy to not only see these sweet children, but to see them riding a horse and smiling away. Look how cute Jayda's little bare feet were.  Disclaimer to all those bare-footed enthusiasts out there--shoes are an absolute necessity to ride at GG.  This was a one time exception because they did not plan to ride and Jayda was in flip flops upon arrival.  How could we resist that sweet face and this rare opportunity to get them on a horse?  Extra precaution was taken to ensure she was not stepped on.  Heck, they didn't even have to scoop poop or pull weeds.  

I'm going to try and forgive them for moving away in the first place and just be grateful they made the time to come see us while they were in town.

Won, Heather and kids, we love you guys! Thanks for stopping by GGYR.

And now my public apology to this couple. Many years ago they invited us over for dinner and games. Those that know us know Max and I are competitive game players, me usually winning anything we play. :) That night Won and Heather introduced us to Settlers of Catan, a game we now adore and play at least once a week. For some reason, I was a complete door knob when it came to understanding how to play. I never grasped it and they moved away before I could show them my prowess with the hexagons. (In fact, most now call me Lord of all Catan!) Won and Heather, I apologize for my poor performance those many moons ago. Next time you're in town--a rematch!

6 comments:

Cindy said...

Ah, you are good. I bow down to your skillz. Now I'm the doorknob. You must help me get out of my slump. *bangs head against wall*. I think we need to get our own copy of the game and actually play it. That might help.

Glad you got to see long lost friends. How fun!

Dan and Betty said...

They seemed like nice folks. I'm glad they were able to visit.

Dan

Regina said...

gosh it has been eons (and a few kids back) since i have seen heather and won. jayda is so big and pretty now!! fun
r

TjandMark said...

Cool Beans! Whatever that means. Young people say it so I thought I would copy. LOL. About the settlers game, I am a doorknob. You give me hope.

Tj

Paint Girl said...

How much fun to be reunited with friends after so long! Looks like they had such a good time!!

Keri said...

I used to ride bare back and bare foot! Those summers are etched in my memory and make me smile.
Super Cute family~