Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Demolition Darren

Darren, our passionate security expert, has been quite the help to Max this summer, especially when he wants to be. I was giving him a lot of grief last week when the men all returned from getting hay. I asked Darren if he had helped buck any hay. His response--"No, I was supervising." Darren, that's my gig. Back off!

Darren loves coming out to GG. He will often call Max in the evenings to see if he can pick him up the following morning. Max enjoys Darren and appreciates his help. If he can, Max will gladly go and pick him up even though it is almost a half hour out of his way in the morning and then again in the afternoon.

Monday morning I found Darren deep in a work project. An existing fence was falling apart and needed to be removed. Darren was all about tearing it apart. I walked over so he could show me what he had already accomplished. Impressive indeed. Darren's great that way. He will cheerfully take on jobs in which no one else is interested. He volunteers for a park by his house to lock up the bathrooms every night and then unlock them in the morning. I wouldn't be so kind. Darren is.
Darren has also cleaned out Max's truck on several occasions. Huge help!
Darren, Max and Galloping Grace are very lucky to have you around.
Keep on keepin' on.

4 comments:

Keri said...

Darren~
What a wonderful guy you are! Thanks for your commitment to volunteering!

Fantastyk Voyager said...

That's an awesome guy, great to have around!

Auntie Nee said...

Darren you are great!!!!

Pam said...

It sounds like a match made in heaven.