Sunday, October 12, 2008

Super Sunday

Good morning to you! I just woke up from another nap on the couch. Compulsive me finds it necessary to post something, no matter how brief. Please find it in your hearts to forgive me. Now for some random snippets from a most successful day pushing pumpkins.


A big thanks to Misha, Trish, Renee, Rebekah, Andrea, Thomas, and Donna for helping out today. Did I leave anyone out? If so, I'm pulling the 1:15 in the morning excuse. Valid, right? Thanks also to Carri, Alex, Gabriel, Jaden, and Amber for taking care of things at Galloping Grace. We just love poop scoopers!


The first customers I saw when I showed up today were the wonderful Ms. Patti and her patient hubby, Jess. Ms. Patti was one of the teachers in Claire's kindergarten class last year. I love the lady! She is so much fun! I think I acted a little goofy when I saw them, but I don't know if Ms. Patti would expect anything less from me. They were just returning from a weekend get a way to San Diego and thought they'd stop by and say hi.

Garrett's teacher Ms. Robinson and her friend also came by. It was busy while she was there so I forgot to snap her picture. Kicking myself now, but I think I'll get over it. Ms. Robinson, thanks for visiting--you made Garrett's day!


Call me crazy...

but I don't think this guy's gonna sell!

In last night's post, I mentioned we received some hail at the stand. If you look closely you can see the hail damage done to this particular pumpkin. Many more experienced a similar fate. I joked with customers all day that we would not charge extra for it.
Max said the had quite a few customers this morning who were digging the added character.
This is Andrea, Terri and Thomas. Andrea and Thomas were regulars at GG this summer. The kids worked all day at the stand. Andrea asked me several times if she could help when she saw me lugging more pumpkins out of the boxes. She also did a heck of a job cashing people out. It turns out Thomas is a natural with the customers. On several occasions I heard him informing them what made a good pumpkin, offering up raffle tickets for a quilt we're auctioning, or helping some child in the Kiddie Corral. Those two are welcome back to help any time!

Since I've shown you Terri, I feel the need to brag on her for a minute. She is a hard working, single mom who does such a great job with her children! The three of them showed up the day we arrived with the pumpkins ready and willing to unload. Terri called Max a couple days after that asking if we open to see if we needed any help selling that day. Max informed her that we weren't open quite yet, but that we were unloading another trailer if she'd like to participate. After working a couple hours helping us move the orange beauties, she let me know she had already run 3 miles that morning, had an HOUR LONG massage, and taken a shower. What a good sport ruining the benefits of a massage to lend a hand! Terri, thanks so much! If any of you thing she looks familiar, she's also the one who set up and helped teach the CPR class Trish, Max, Erin and I took a couple months ago.

Finally, Carri and Alex's son Gabriel. I LOVE him! He usually loves me back but today he was in need of a nap. That will happen when you miss yours because your parents are volunteering at some crazy ranch! After they left there, they stopped by the pumpkin patch for a bit. Gabriel sure was happy up on Seabiscuit. Seabiscuit was one of the two horses last donated to GG. He is proving to be a great addition to the herd! He gave pony rides all day and did a wonderful job. I could tell he wasn't used to having the paparazzi all up in his grill because he flinched a couple times when the flash went off in his face. It was nothing more that a moment's hesitation, but he was a little leery. You would think the other horses would have warned him by now.

Now that I'm wide awake, I'll end this. If you are sick and tired of hearing about all things pumpkin, take comfort in the fact we're nearing the half way mark. Also, be happy for us that we made $900 today!! Not too shabby, I'd say. Much plaudits to all our volunteers!

My lovely Lisa, I forgot to thank you for the yummy cupcakes and cookies you dropped by the stand yesterday. Thanks so much!

In looking back, I have discovered that this post isn't so brief after all. Have yourself a terrific week!

9 comments:

Crissy-Charlie said...

Michelle, I tried to share you blog with my Albuquerque dentist's wife, Paige, who is into horses big time and may live out by you, not sure, but she couldn't get to it. Her email is Lsmiledoctor@aol.com. Her name is Paige LoPour.

Auntie Nee said...

WOTD: plaudits

Fun times at the pumpkin patch

Unknown said...

WOD: plaudits

TjandMark said...

We would like to give you plaudits for your game, but we think it is rigged like some of those radio shows, where you actually have to live in the town to get your call in! LOL. That Gabriel is sure a cutie pie, I love that photo with his hand raised in a yee haw, or something like that.

Keri said...

I like the bumpy pumpkins....I do think it adds a little "something, something"!

I cheated and saw plaudits on the comments....does it still count?

And I'm too lazy to look it up....I screened kindergarteners for hearing and vision all day....

Jessica Gordon said...

After seeing all your beautiful pictures... I am *DYING* to take my kiddos to the pumpkin patch! We need to do it soon! :)

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Everyone looks so happy!

WOTD: plaudits

~Lisa

Bethany Dawn Burns said...

Thanks for the nice comments on my blog! Tammy talks about you a lot so I am sure I will meet you soon. :) The pumkin patch looks awesome, I am planning on bringing my kiddos by.

Anonymous said...

plaudits, plaudits...there couldn't be enough for you all :)