At the Galloping Grace pumpkin stand, we take pride in our gourds. We should--they all were picked out of the field or off a trailer with our very own hands. Those little orange creations are displayed creatively with a lot of pride.
Two days ago I found myself getting sad when one of our larger, more impressive pumpkins went to live with its new family. I think the lady thought i was a little nuts when I told her I was sort of attached to that particular one. She kindly humored me with a grin and a laugh before hurrying to the safety of her car.
We want people to be satisfied with their purchases. We think we have an excellent product--pumpkins that we can be proud of. Imagine my horror when I saw a most disturbing image of one of our little pumpkins gone bad. I tell you, I can now really sympathize with families who have teenagers gone wild. You just never know. After all we did to send it off into the world representing our little stand, we could never have expected it go from a quondam good gourd to this! 

I'm ashamed and so utterly disappointed. Please know that we in no way condone such behavior. Rest assured that we will look into this matter and do our best to prevent it from happening again.
Thanks for your understanding.
Trish, Beth, Jessie, Matthew, and Rebekah--thanks for helping with the stand today. Roy, Chase, and Renee--thanks for stopping by and being there for us. Mom--thanks for taking Grant home to get some rest. You all are the best!
13 comments:
Little like pumpkins gone wild! Quondam is that even a word?
Eewwww.
WOTD: quondam
That's what happens when you let them drink too much!
WOD: quondam
Quondam, clearly these pumpkins no longer have their former glory.
That's what happens when you let pumpkins stay out all night with no supervision. What are pumpkins coming to these days.
Dan
Puking their guts out...gotta love it. The irony of it all.
quondam and all.
I'm demented, I know....but I think it is sooooo cute!
It's a good lesson, no?
I find it humorous.
WOTD: quondam
I am laughing so hard! I've never seen pumpkins quite like that!
It looks like those pumpkins are from Louisiana, Whuahahahaha!! That is too funny!!
And i could see how you would get a little attached. Kinda, maybe, okay lady you are nuts!! hee hee, i am just kidding!! Okay it's late and I so should go to bed before i make a total fool of myself.
quondam, do you just open the dictionary and point to a word?
that is so funny - is that really your quondom pumpkin or is this a random photo?? :)
The quandom shiny proud pumpkin has seen better days.
It's creative. My hubby won a pumpkin carving contest at work (many years ago) with a similar pumpkin- but drinking was not implied- he worked at a hospital- the poor little squash was under the weather, probably the flu.
just one piece (of many) as to why I believe so strongly that teens & pumpkins shouldn't drink!
I didn't see this the other day but as someone who has lived thru teen years, you need to set limits on your pumpkins, plus there are rules they must follow.
word-quandom
Pam
Post a Comment