When I finally arrived at the stand after feeding my children and taking Hank home, I found my sister-in-law, Carla, and my two nieces and nephew hanging out. Carla brought three delicious bags of chocolate chip cookies for our eating enjoyment. Sweet, huh? Thanks so much, Carla!
After about a half hour of chit chatting with me, Carla couldn't take it anymore. She politely asked if she might have a crack at organizing our big mess behind the counter. She was not officious in nature, but rather helpful and sweet. If you read my post back in April about Carla, you might recall that she is a serious cleaner! Like I said in that post, she has a little Sleeping With The Enemy (nice, wholesome family movie) tendencies in her. She couldn't relax until she had things squared away.
My niece Brittany has a lot of her mommy in her.
Carla was trying to corrupt my precious Brooke in the ways of a clean person--rude, huh?! 
It didn't take Carla long to make sense of the whole thing.
And just like that, I'm a clean freak too. Well, at least until tomorrow afternoon. Who knows, she might be back in a few days for a little weekly maintenance. Thanks Carla.
9 comments:
Must be nice not having to lift a finger while everyone else cleans, builds and lifts for you, eh?
I bet that camera is awfully heavy, though.
Poor you!
hehehe! :D
WOTD: officious
~Lisa
If only, Lisa!!! I have never lifted as much as I have since we've had this stand. Just give me another week--I'll be amazingly buff!!! ;)
What Michelle said- it's so true. She's got this HUGE new lens, and it weighs a ton=)
I am SO joking!!! She really does work hard. I've seen her camera lying in the dirt while she slaves away, so I know. Go ahead, Michelle, get me back! ;)
I am with Lisa of the Laughing Orca Ranch. Hey, send some of these amazing workers our way, would ya! We've lost our summer work crew and Eric the Bold has a hurt elbow from an attack tree, so it is down to just Mark and I. Ikes! Nothing will ever get done!
Oh, for my plan of competing, which I already forgot.... officious. Which I am not ( i hope), but we are certainly seeing a lot of this characteristic in the public arena. Ha.
I'm sure after today's(Saturday) thunderstorms, you'll need Carla's organization skills again.
We had a ball at the patch with our kids.
Thanks for the hospitality.
Dan
I like that Carla....
organizing messes is fun for those of us who get a kick out of that!
WOTD: officious
WOD: officious
Post a Comment