First off, wouldn't you love to see the words one more time? We had some real beauties once again. Take a look at these little lovelies.
- choler
- mazy
- bruit
- supernumerary
- emolument
- blackguard
- brummagem
- comestible
- tatterdemalion
- tintinnabulation
- laudable
- hyperbole
- hoary
- redress
- numismatics
- panache
- fettle
Awesome stuff. My personal faves of the group are comestible, mazy, hoary, and panache. Any of these words speak to you? Lisa? Sam? I know you're feeling something in there. Any other word junkies reading this blog?
This month I've decided to take it easy on myself. Instead of fishing through my drawer of fun gift cards I love to hoard, I will instead send Amazon ecards to the three winners. This way the people chosen might actually receive their prizes. (Sorry Trish and Lisa--I will pay up. Again, without the deadline I'm a mess.)
Because it is 10:57 PM, my children will not be involved in the drawing this month. I am off to see Cowboy Max to have him pick out the names.
First place is Lisa B! Oh my goodness--this is the third month in a row Lisa has won first place. Lisa, congrats once again. The great news is that I found the gift certificate I promised you for the last two months tonight. (I promise I did!) I will be sending you an ecard tomorrow for this month's victory.
Second place is Hugeyah! Hugeyah also won last month. These must be the two luckiest girls on the planet. I mean really--winning the GG Word of the Day contest in consecutive months?! Congrats, Hugeyah. I will look and see if I still have your email address. If not, do you still have mine? maxandmichelle@aol.com.
Third place is Jessica! Fun--a new winner in the group. (Not that you "old" winners are not special to us.) I only recorded two correct guesses for Jessica and she still pulled off the victory. I'm excited for her. Jessica is one of my sister-in-law's really good friends and a homeschooling mama to five young children. I know she could benefit from an extra book from Amazon. I have never met her, but enjoy reading her blog and looking at her adorable children. If I were Catholic, I would use her blog all the time for inspiration and ideas. Jessica, thanks for playing and congratulations. I do have your email and will send your prize.
Because I posted no pictures in this post, I decided to leave you with this adorable shot of Kaley. She was riding Cochise, "her horse", at the pumpkin stand on Saturday morning when Cochise decided to whinny very loud and very long. It shook little Kaley pretty hard.
Instead of getting scared, she burst out in laughter! She thought Cochise talking like that was hilarious. I think the look on her face is priceless.
Have yourself a fantastic day!
Eric, Chase, Trish, Bonnie and Joe--thanks for volunteering at the stand today. We appreciate you!
12 comments:
Congrats winners!! I am so bad at finding the words of the day. I will have to read more carefully!! :)
At least she laughed and didn't cry!! We have to see the pumpking patch from far away. What the entire patch looks like!! It seems so HUGE!!
Ok I had to add you to my "updating" blog roll! I have been so busy trying to get ready for my convention, I can't keep up! I forget who I have visited and if I stop for one day I have to start all over again!! I hope all is well at your haven!
indelible mark baby. that is why you are drawn to her blog
r
Really?!?!?! WOW!! I can't believe I won with so few guesses! Thanks!!
You are so sweet, and I love that you visit my blog. Regina is right you know! :o)
Love the picture!
Great photo! I hope her Mom keeps that one and mounts it on the mantle above their fireplace.
Harumph. This thing must be fixed. ;)
I know I have used comestible. Panache and hoary I use all the time, believe it or not. :) Mazy I don't know--is it a name? :)
Fun contest!
Congrats to the winners. And great picture of Kaley and Cochise. If he's like my gelding a full throated whinny will shake him all over.
Dan
I love the idea of Christmas cards for Valentines.....Maybe I'll try that this year!
You SHOULD write a children's book and use your favorite words in it!! He He..."the hoary donkey...bla bla
love ya!
panache, i love...tatterdemalian is pretty fun, laudable speaks to me...mazy, hoary...excellent
you know i love them all...
so not only do your children love me, max does too?? i'm honored, really really honored
love ya
i wish we could understand when our animals talk ~ i'd love to know what my chattering cocker spaniel is saying at times & it would be a delight to know what struck cochise just so to trigger such a long comment :)
That is a fantastic photo. Her face says it all.
This month I plan on getting my name in every day. Of course my plans often go astray, and as for actually using the words?! Maybe not. LOL!
Tj
Post a Comment