Because Grant has never had a chance to draw any names in the almost now defunct Word Of The Day contest, I thought he should be the lucky bloke pulling the winning ticket. 
He was so cute stirring the names around until he got just the right one...
Congratulations to Judy Coningham! Grant was so proud to have selected such a fine ticket.
Please excuse my crude attempt at blurring out her phone number. Yes, I desperately need photoshop. Who's willing to teach me how to use it?
Grandma Donna (Max's mom), thank you for creating a beautiful quilt and donating it to Galloping Grace for this raffle. We think we made over $185 on your creation!
Now if I may, I would like to list the people helping at the pumpkin stand over the last three days. These people deserve all the plaudits I can bestow on them. Prepare to be amazed!!!
- Pam
- Barb
- Tim
- Renee
- Sam
- Christina
- Linda
- Ashley
- Misha
- Beth
- Carlos
- Miki
- Keith
- Dena
- Tyler
- Spencer
- Parker
- Andrea
- Rebekah
- Deanell
- Tammie
- Brittany
- Haley
- Jessie
- Matthew
- Steph
- Uncle Chuck
- Zack
- Bill
- JuJu
Beth, thank you thank you!!! She brought six large pizzas to feed the troops on Sunday afternoon. The plan was for me to repay her when she got back, but she tricked me and broke our agreement!!! Beth, our bellies and my thighs thank you! Would you believe she also took my kids half the day Sunday so they could get away from the pumpkin stand for a bit? She then fed them dinner! Roy and Beth, we love you!
We had so many hard workers on Sunday. I want to send a huge shout-out to Tyler A. for his backbreaking dedication to hauling pumpkins to peoples' cars! Tyler earned lots and lots of tips that he graciously put in the cash box for GG! Tyler, you are a fine young man! (To my Garrett, thanks for doing the same thing on Saturday. We love you!)
Barb L, thank you for the pizza you brought for all of us Friday afternoon!
Carri, your muffins and amazing cookies were divine!
Linda and Ashley, thanks for the case of water.
Dena, thanks for all the candy for our candy bowl and drinks your provided.
Renee and oh-so-kind-roommate, thanks for the delish bday cake!
Melissa, thanks for the great cookies on Friday!
Donna, thank you for all the beautiful candy bags your made for us to sell.
I'm so sad if you helped and I left your name off this list. As you can see, we are beyond blessed and have the best friends on the planet!
We're getting near the end of pumpkin selling. I cannot wait to share how much our little stand made. Have your guesses ready.
Good night.
13 comments:
Aww, Grant looks so grown up in that picture...cutie!
Love how you combed his hair over!
:)
Meesh--I always comb it but it never stays!
Almost defunct??? Well, I hope not!
WOD: plaudits
Love you guys. It was fun walking around in circles for hours at a time. The kids made it fun. LOVED IT!!!!! & you guys
WOTD plaudits
It seems like plaudits was already a word of the day, but those folks certainly deserved them.
Tj
TJ, indeed it was! I told Max I had already used it, but felt it could use another day in the limelight! :) Bonus to you for noticing.
Great job, Grant.
Congrats to the winner.
Dan
I think we can have a second word of the day, how about bloke?
The quilt definitely looked like a work of love.
Agree great picture of Grant, also the good one of the two of you the other day.
Grandma Pam
Happy Birthday, sister October Scorpio! :) How funny! :)
What a fanatsic prize and Grant did a wonderful job picking a winner!! I have a lot of catching up to do!!
WOTD:plaudits
I don't know how to blur pictures...you'll have to teach me that one. It was very clever and creative!
So when does a pumpkin stand close up shop? Nov. 1? Just like that? Where will the newly-weds go for pictures? Where else can you go to play Mr. Potato Head on a pumpkin? Where will all the little scarecrows go?
My photoshop class is starting soon:)
Yay Grant for picking the lucky winner... and congrats to the lucky winner!
WOTD: plaudits
Post a Comment