Sunday, October 5, 2008

Our Birthday Boy

My sweet little Grant is three years old today! How is that possible?
It seems like we just had that little cutie pie.
I came across this picture from when he was about two weeks old. It cracks me up--what was I thinking putting my newborn in a pile of leaves? As if..


Here he was on his first birthday.
Sob, sob. They grow up so quickly.


To me, he is still two. I will greatly miss him announcing, "I'm two and a half!" How will I adjust to him being "free"??? Last year was the year of the motorcycle and Lightening McQueen--thus the toys plopped on his cake. He was so proud.


This year we are deep in the middle of pumpkin stand. I asked him if he wanted a pumpkin stand party. (I'm a thinker!) He thought that was a nifty idea. I never quite got around to throwing that party. (We were frantically preparing the stand for opening day.) Does hanging out there for nine hours count as a party? How lucky were we when Grant's Auntie Beth showed up yesterday with zucchini cupcakes to celebrate his big day?

What a thoughtful thing to do! We plopped him down right in the middle of the stand to have all of the "guests" (people volunteering, hanging out, shopping, etc.) sing happy birthday to him. Roy, Beth, Matthew, and Jessie--thank you very much for making Grant feel so special. As luck would have it, Dena and family and Trish and family brought presents to the stand for him. If it looks like a party and smells like a party, it must have been a party! Thanks everybody! Today on his actual birthday, he was feeling sick but still managed to have fun. Tonight we went to Red Robin to celebrate his big day. Unfortunately, he didn't have much of an appetite. He did perk up a little after they sang to him and gave him some ice cream.

Grant, happy birthday. I have a sneaky feeling you'll always be our "baby" no matter how old you are. We love you very much!

18 comments:

Trish said...

Love you big boy! Happy Birthday

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANT!!

Don't hold it against your Mama for tucking you into that dusty pile of old leaves with buggies crawling around inside, k?
She was just practicing her photography skills trying to be like Anne Geddes. :)

And all of that has paid off, too. She's the official photographer for GGYR and she rocks it!

I hope you had a terrific birthday and feel better soon :)

~Lisa

Cindy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANT!!!

Erin said...

Happy birthday, little Grantie! We love you!

dena said...

Happy Birthday, Grant! You Big 3 year old!

Dan and Betty said...

Happy Birthday, Grant!

I'd give you a high-five if I were there so consider yourself high-fived.

Dan

Tammy Staley said...

Happy Birthday little man, you're too cute.

Samantha said...

Happy Birthday, Grant. What a super-cutie. I love that leaves photo! :)

Regina said...

time for another baby!

happy birthday grant. we miss you

r

TjandMark said...

Happy, Happy Birthday Grant! You're great.

TjandMark said...

Happy, Happy Birthday Grant! You're great.

Andrea said...

He is so adroable. Happy Birthday Big Boy!! My little guy is three too!! They do grow up so stinken fast. *Sigh*

Cari said...

Happy Birthday Grant!

Keri said...

Happy Happy Birthday to you, Grant!
Can I reserve a party at the pumpkin mall?

Katy said...

What a cute boy! Happy Happy Free'd Birthday! Love that!

Anonymous said...

We love you to pieces, Big Boy!!!!

Happy Happy Birthday, Grant-ee!!! We're glad you were born!!!:)

the barnsies

Jessica Gordon said...

Awww!! Such cute pictures!! I *LOVE* the one of him in the leaves.. :)


HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO GRANT!!

Shelly said...

like jessica - I love the leaves picture! He is beautiful!
Happy birthday free year old! LOl