
He was so much fun!
Max and Grant caught him this morning at the ranch. Cool, huh? I just love those fuzzy guys! It could not have been a more perfect day to have him at the pumpkin stand. We had two groups of children on a field trip to pick out pumpkins, ride horses, and play in the Kiddie Corral. The bonus was the tarantula there for all the brave children to hold.
I'm just wishing I had pictures of all their amazed smiles. The real funny thing was watching the moms deal with their children holding such a creature. One mom was too scared to hold it herself but agreed when her sister suggested I put the spider on her baby's head in order to get a good picture.
Andrea wanted absolutely nothing to do with the tarantula when she first arrived at the stand. By the end, she did a volte-face and wanted to hold him all the time.
And that super volunteer Nancy--she was just flat in love with the critter!
In case you're worried about the well being of our new friend, he was returned to the ranch this evening having experienced a day he will not soon forget.
Galloping Grace Youth Ranch. Bringing pure joy to children no matter the species.
Nancy, Dan, Betty, Cathy, Trish, Cindy, Misha, Rebekah, and Andrea--thanks for helping with the field trips and pumpkin stand today. I hope to show pictures of all your great help tomorrow. You guys are the absolute best!!!
21 comments:
I think I'm going to faint.
WOTD: volte-face
~Lisa
I almost did faint!
volte-face.
EAKKKKKK! I don't think I could have put on a volte face and held that thing! No way!! YIKES!! THose were some brave kids. Spiders just shouldn't be that large!! LOL!!
AWESOME!!! How did you manage to catch it? I have two tarantulas and they are so skittish - of course, I am too and have never tried to hold them. They are just babies - about a year and a half old now...
WOD: volte-face
finally a picture of YOU! your home picture, while very cute, looks nothing like you. i was starting to think you'd changed. glad to see you look exactly the same. :-)
Yeah, how come you'll pose for a picture with a huge spider, but I can't post a picture of you on my blog, even with your face blacked out?
It was a great day and Betty and I had a lot of fun.
Dan
You REALLY don't want me anywhere near your ranch or pumpkin stand, do you?! That's fine. I got the hint.
Snakes are not my thing. Huge spiders, even worse.
I hope your friend went back to the youth ranch otherwise I dont think I can come help out a the pumpkin stand anymore. If he is back at the youth ranch I hope you told him while I am there he is to stay hidden!!!!!!!!!
super yucky.....
you are a brave mama who enjoys snakes and spiders....I am so glad that you have boys and I don't....I'm about to post about fashion!!!
love ya!
i see you are still the same crazy lady who once stopped roadside to pick one of those nasty things up (that was you right?)
chills
ick
r
You look so cute in the picture Michelle! You are extremely brave!!!
Seriously? Snakes and now ginormous spiders??? I think we won't be going back out to the ranch anytime soon. (Seems as though the pumpkin stand may be off limits as well.)
WOD- volte-face
do they ever bite? or are they always safe?? curious moms just need to know!
I think I am going to puke!
Volte-face is the word for the day. Great post, it was nice seeing a photo of you, Michelle. I forget what you look like!
Tj
I've got a look of pure horror on my volte-face right now about your hairy little friend.
I mean, don't they sometimes turn around and decide to kill you? How can you be sure? :)
It was the highlight of my kids' day! They came home and immediately called grandma to tell her about the tarantula (or as my three year old calls it - tarantuliss.) She was horrified. LOL I looked it up and a bite is comparable to a bee or wasp sting. Made me feel a bit better about letting them hold it. ;) You are one cool mama!
Easton has now decided he wants a snake and spider for a pet. Thanks a lot. Grant great job on catching such a cool animal. I bet Garrett can't say he has caught a spider that big.
People, you don't know what you're missing! Tarantulas are lovely little guys. It really is a cool feeling holding one.
I was cracking up reading the majority of these comments.
The really funny thing was that Grant was holding the tar. all day. Later that night my mom was giving him a bath when he spotted a small house spider. He FREAKED out from the little guy. My mom just laughed.
y'ALL are freaks!!
you crazy mama you - for me, snakes...no big deal - big, hairy spiders...not so much
{shiver} I would've held him if my kids were there to prove how very brave i am but alone?
hmmm...i don't know :)
volte-face
lisa
Post a Comment