Thursday, October 23, 2008

Barrels Of Fun

I was thinking you all might be a little pumpkined (very euphonious!) out this week. Because I care so much about all of you, I thought I'd provide you with a little variety on this fine Thursday.

What better to talk about than some happy children enjoying horses? Monday evening a group of Girl Scouts came out to learn about horses in order to earn their horse pin. My lovely friend, Keri, has a daughter in this particular troop. They called and asked if we would be willing to have the ladies out to show them a few things. We immediately showed them the rakes and pitch forks! I know, I know--we're too good to guests! They were the hard working-est, non complaining-est young ladies you'll ever meet! Don't you just love how I made them pose with a load of poop? The girl with the purple bandana covering her face cracks me up! I think she's the smarty of the group. This is Keri. Cute, right? She happens to be cute and sweet. Within the last month she baked both a carrot cake and apple pie for us! She has also volunteered at the pumpkin stand, bid on t-shirts, and faithfully commented on the blog. Anyone remember the Do the Hustle post I did in June? (If you haven't read it, check it out.) Keri is the lady who had me explaining things about the horses to her and then ended up riding like an ol' pro! On Monday I caught her trying to pull me into her web again. "Michelle, am I doing this right? Michelle, does this strap go here? Michelle, should I do this or this?" Good try, Keri! You'll have to find your answers else where! Max, Steph, and Trish taught the girls about grooming and saddling the horses. It was such a perfect night. The horses were calm, the weather was beautiful, and the girls were terrific! Trish and Steph, thanks for being there once again! We ran out of daylight before we wanted the night to end. We sure hope these girls make it back out to ride and play... and scoop more poop!
Thanks, Girl Scouts!

Thanks to all who helped with the stand and the two field trips today. Deanell, Darren, Julie, Beth, Dena, Nancy, Roy, Jessie, Matthew, Cindy & kids--Kelsey, Grant, Logan. Wow! Our cup runneth over!
Beth enjoyed covering pumpkins so much last night she decided to do it again tonight. This time she recruited her hubby and Max's big bro, Roy, to help out. (BTW--Beth also brought out super delish breakfast burritos for all of us this morning!)Things sure were a lot faster with him around. Thanks so much, Roy!

My niece, Jessie was also a big help. It's amazing someone her tiny size could lug $20 pumpkins around! And while I'm bragging about her, I'd like to announce she made the principal's honor roll at school this nine weeks. What a great way to start middle school! Jessie Bug, we're so proud of you!And this handsome Matthew kid--he played with Grant for almost an hour while we covered things up. Matthew, thanks for being such a great big cousin and for sharing your hamburger with Grant. We love you!

Mom, thanks so much for taking and picking my kids up from school, going to the store for me, and making dinner.

Happy Friday, everyone!

10 comments:

Cindy said...

WOD: euphonious

I had fun hanging out with you today and messing up your camera:)

Auntie Nee said...

WOTD: euphonious

I am hoping that is the word, not really sure

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

WOTD: euphonious

Horse AND pumpkins...and smiling cute faces.

Doesn't get any better than this!

~Lisa

TjandMark said...

Euphonious is the word today and it means pleasantness or smoothness of sound and the assimilation of the sounds of syllables to facilitate pronunciation and to please the ear.

Do I get a gold star?

I love the post and enjoy day by day seeing something, so much bigger than man could do, grow. It is a beautiful thing you started and are part of. May God continue to bless you as you bless others.

Tj

Andrea said...

I was laughing at the girl in the purple bandana too!! LOL!! Girl Scouts are so much fun. I just love girls and horses.

I really like how you have done your tack up "stations". That is really neat. How far apart are those posts? I ask like I need some??? I am weird.

euphonious

Anonymous said...

not complaining!? we loved picking up horse poop!!!
Thank you for everything. And the bandanas.




love:
Aubrey

Anonymous said...

hi Michelle and family,
I want to thank you for letting me help with the horses. It was really fun. Maybe we can do it again soon. Really soon.
Love,
Kali

Keri said...

m & m,
thank you for having our g.s. to ggyr! it was so super dooper (pooper) fun! you guys are the most generous, giving, full-of-love, fun people. i'm so glad to call you friend.
now, really... how am i going to learn anything about this horse stuff if you refuse to teach me?

Sherrie said...

michelle and keri - you two are the very most sweet people i've ever known in my life and it makes me big-time special happy that you could share this adventure with the girl scouts. thank you for all the love you share with the world!!

Unknown said...

WOD: euphonious