Thursday, March 13, 2008

Thankful Thursday




It's that time again to express a little gratitude. I think I'll take a break from the pumpkin talk. But don't you worry--I'll get back to it soon. Can you "stand" to wait? Hee hee.

Max stopped by Purple Sage Garden Center in Rio Rancho to see if they had any plants or trees that they would be willing to donate to Galloping Grace. He was told to check back. The manager, Jack, told Max that they were in the middle of doing inventory and needed to see what they could spare.
When Max talked to Jack again, Jack asked Max how many trees he wanted. "As many as you're willing to give." Was Max ever surprised when he found out the amount!

This amazing company generously donated 85 fruit trees!!! This, of course, was more than we ever imagined. Thank you Jack, Eric, and the rest of you wonderful Purple Sage People!

We know we'll be enjoying your gift for years to come.

Once again, help us in saying thanks. If you stop in at Purple Sage for any of your gardening needs, give them a big hug from Galloping Grace Youth Ranch.

2 comments:

TjandMark said...

I admire the effort you are going through to expand the influence of the good you are doing. So many lives will be blessed by their connection that otherwise may have barely noticed the commotion around them. And it must be doing your hearts good too! Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

these are the nicest people! we bought all of our trees and plants there when we bought our new house and landscaped the backyard. they took so much time with us, answered all of our questions and didn't mind the kids running around smelling (and okay, picking) everything. Jack certainly earned our repeat business that summer and this kind act gives us even more reason to keep going back. I hope everyone else will too!