Friday, March 7, 2008

Disturbing Sight

When I looked out in our horse pen yesterday, this is how I saw Buck--our sweet, sweet Buck. He's had a great life. He's been a wonderful horse. We thank him for all of his service to our human needs. Thank you for being so patient with our children. Thank you for pulling all those calves during branding. But most of all...





Thanks for being ALIVE!!!

OK, I'll admit it. I thought he was on his way out when I saw him yesterday. In my defense, so did our four year old friend, Easton. "Mom, does Cowboy Max know he has a dead horse?" Funny stuff.

Happy Friday to you.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michelle, you are a HOOT! I'm so glad that Miki and Carlos have your place to live and learn in. Misha sent me your blogspot address today, and I'm tickled to see all the kids working!

God bless you and Max and all your hard work. Mike Suenram

The Wades said...

Mr. Mike--so great to hear from you! Thanks for checking in AND commenting! :) (We love Miki and Carlos!)

Auntie Nee said...

Thanks for giving me a very bad moment. I thought he was gone. SOOOO Sad. Thanks the Lord for letting him be ok.

Anonymous said...

THAT WAS NOT NICE! Me and my mom thouhgt he was gone and them we scrolled down...... man Michelle you gave us a fright!

TjandMark said...

check out our blog,
and you'll see why
that this post...
made me cry :-(

Anonymous said...

MEAN! Mean...Mean...Mean...I was heart-broken, sad, tears & all. Now just confused that you would mess with us all that way.
All right, truly I love your sense of humor. You got us good & I suppose that you were much more heart-broken, sad, tears & all when you saw poor 'ol Buck than we were.
Great post!