Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Bloggorama

I have four blogs belonging to others that I check on a daily basis. Three of them are funny to me, and one is very moving. The weird thing is that I didn't even know what a blog was until a few months ago when my sis-in-law, Regina told me she was starting one. "A blog?! What's a blog?!" Who would have thought I'd be doing one of my own?

There are all kinds of blogs out there. I bet you could find one to fit any of your interests. Two that I love, Confessions of a Pioneer Woman and The Ranch On Salmon Creek, are right up my alley with the whole ranching thing.

Pioneer Woman is my blog hero. She is hilarious! You never know what you're getting from that woman. If you ever think any of my posts are a little off color, don't go to her blog. She talks about anything and everything. She lives on a ranch somewhere in Oklahoma and tries to show city folks a little of what country life is all about. She gives Photoshop advice, shares delicious recipes, shows cowboys in their chaps, talks about "my retarded brother Mike", and much much more. Her site is currently under construction--I guess she's getting a new set-up. She might be worth checking back in on in a few days.

Have you ever noticed two of our loyal, faithful commentors on our blog named TJ and Mark? They always have something witty and oh so funny to say. We had the pleasure of meeting them last year in Oregon when Max attended a clinic on setting up a youth ranch. Their blog is The Ranch on Salmon Creek. If you're in the mood for some beauty, you will love it! They're located in northern California and boast amazing views--waterfalls, mountains, etc. Every time I read their blog, I realize how badly my vocabulary has deteriorated. (Once again, I'm blaming the four kids.) They take turns posting, and they're both a delight to read.

Confessions of a CF Husband is the touching blog I mentioned. Nathan is the man keeping the blog about his life. His wife has Cystic Fibrosis, was on the list for a double lung transplant, got pregnant with a miracle baby, delivered her at 24 1/2 weeks, and is now back on the list for the lung transplant. Nate takes beautiful pictures, has a gift for showing just how much he loves his girls, and is such a trusting, cheerful Christian. I don't know how he keeps up his faith and courage. He is a huge advocate for organ donation and finding a cure for Cystic Fibrosis. It is a beautiful thing seeing his sweet little baby grow. She's up to two pounds now and is healthy and thriving. Nate believes that his wife, Trish, has CF for a reason. They are trusting God that he knows the reason so Nate never says Trish is "fighting" the disease.

The last blog that I must read daily is my dear sis-in-law's. If you know Regina, you know she is a funny one. She has a very sarcastic sense of humor and can be brutally blunt. She's way fun! Through her blog, I can see my nieces and nephew grow and hear all about their lives. How dare they move away? You also never know what Regina is going to say. One minute she is innocently talking about her knitting hobby, and then the next she'll show the picture the red light camera took when my brother got a ticket. She keeps it real by complaining about her children and challenging us to lose weight with her by weighing in every Wednesday.

All of this to tell you that I get extremely disappointed when one of my regulars chooses not to post. Annoying stuff! Regina is the queen of taking the entire weekend off. How dare she? Doesn't she know she has adoring fans wanting more, more, more? (Yes, she knows. I whine about it every time.) That is why I try to post every day. I know I'll probably start slacking soon, but I'm going to try and keep up.

My issue now is that we're headed to our family ranch for about three days. Our kids are on spring break, and there's no place they'd rather go. Unfortunately, the ranch doesn't have anything even close to resembling a computer. We're lucky we have a phone for emergencies. We prefer it this way--it's good to get away. No TVs, no cell phone service, no door to door salesmen, all great. There's just no posting gonna be taking place. I'd hate to let down my peeps. (Anyone there?)

I have devised a way to provide a daily post. There are rules. Directions must be followed. Only one post may be read a day. (Yes, I'm a big goof with what you'd think was too much time on my hands. Oh contrare.) I'm just going to put up Thursday and Friday's post before this one. Scroll down to get to those. On Thursday, read Thursday's. On Friday, reading Friday's. Easy stuff. No reading ahead when you get to the end. Now I don't have to have guilt--I have provided a post for those two days. I should be back Saturday with some stories to share.

Have a good week and remember-- NO reading ahead!

I'm off to get a life..

6 comments:

Dan and Betty said...

I'm not your Mom, so I cheated. I read the others right away - so there. What are you going to do - take away my reading privileges?

I really enjoy your blog and I'll check out your favorites. I'm always looking for inspiring reading for the day.

I hope you all have a blessed time at the ranch.

Anonymous said...

Okay I cheated also. I couldn't help I just had to peek. Now what am I going to do the next couple of days, I guess feel quilty for cheating. Have a great time at the ranch

Anonymous said...

i'm not cheating... :) you are way fun! lisa

Anonymous said...

I am a friend of Dan & Betty Cooksey and am an owner & rider of Icelandics. I would like to help you folks in any way I can. I have quite a number of friends who are horse owners who may have tack, time, heart , etc. that they can donate. Would like to come out and see your place at a convenient time. I live in Corrales.

TjandMark said...

Mark says his motto in your little survey is 'vote early and vote often'. All I can say is that his sensiblilities were a wee bit offended. LOL. Oh and he just told me he cheated and read ahead too. Hmmmm.

Regina said...

um...if you clicked 'offended' on your little poll then don't make your way over to my blog.
thanks for the link
r