Goats happily strolling along. Notice anything funny?

When we were at our family cattle ranch this past weekend, we saw poor Molly with a very swollen udder. I told Max several times to "Go milk that poor goat!" He laughed. Later when we asked Candido, our ranch manager, what was wrong with her, he assured us she was only expecting a kid soon.
How about now?
Readers, any of you have knowledge on the matter? Should Molly's bag be dragging the ground?! The poor thing can't even keep up with her goat friends. What kind of life is that? Wouldn't make me want any kids, that's for sure! I'm thinking something has to be wrong--that cannot be normal! Perhaps Candido didn't see her in bulging state. Now I'm contemplating adding a chapter to my Why I Wouldn't Want to be a Cow book --"So Glad I'm Not a Goat!"
May I get an amen to that?
14 comments:
I feel for this poor goat. It comes from multiple pregnancies and a sad body that can't handle it. That's why I stopped at 3. That's how I would carry number 4.
I have never had a pregnant goat before, but I'd say that doesn't look normal. Poor thing. She doesn't look comfortable!
Michelle, honey you asked two men if se was okay. If it were a billy goat and he was huge like that the vet would have been called. Sorry, Max I know you're a super hubby but there are just somethings you (be male) just don't understand.
If she is about to deliver the poor baby needs to be put on bed rest and Dr H needs to be involved.
AMEN, sister!
alleluia!
Ouch.
It's not dragging the ground, I see no problem. When the Kid arrives he won't even have to stand up!! What a MOM!!!!
That is NOT normal. An udder doesn't get that swollen before a birth. Only afterwards does the udder get swollen...and the teats only look like that poor goats if it has mastitis. She needs antibiotics quickly. Poor thing.
~Lisa
Oh! And I meant to add.....a baby goat (kid) wouldn't be able to even wrap it's tiny mouth around a teat that swollen, so it would be useless to feed babies. The baby would starve. Her teats and udder are in seriously trouble. Get medical help quickly.
~Lisa
Owwwwww! and Amen!
That's gotta be something special in the ouch! department! Poor nanny!
I believe laughing orca is right. Mastitis. Antibiotics needed. They have the antibiotics that go in the teat, I have done it with cows, but not sure about how it works with goats. With Cows you milk it out some and then just insert and squeeze.
Okay, is there some sort of master plan with the disgusting pics lately? :) Can we go back to the adorable ones of kids holding pumpkins and painting harmless-looking horses? :) Just sayin'. ;)
AMEN!
And please, Molly needs us all to advocate for her!!?!! Make a phone call to cute Candido~
Post a Comment