Saturday, September 19, 2009

She's In The Land Down Under

Just a sweet little something I learned today.

Renee is my sort of sister-in-law. (Her sis is married to my bro.) She is good friends with Paige, the vet who has performed several free services for us. Paige just recently moved back to Australia for her career. I was concerned that we should have paid Paige for the last time she came out and treated Black for his infected tooth. Renee told me no. Paige once told Renee that she could never charge us because we take in old horses and give them a reason to live--make them feel important like they have a job. (To us, they are the most valuable and most useful for the children!)

Paige, you're incredible! I hope life is treating you very well down under. Thanks again for all you did for Galloping Grace. The old, important guys and the rest of us appreciate your so much!!

6 comments:

TjandMark said...

Enjoy the land down under, Paige. I know what a blessing it must have been to GG to have had your care...

BTW Wades, glad you got rain.

Dan and Betty said...

Well done and well said, Paige. Enjoy your new life, but remember the toilet bowl swirls the other way.

Dan

Pam said...

Dan, Thank you for that important bit of trivia. You never know when it might come up in conversation or Trivial Pursuit. I will try to remember it.

Melissa said...

wow!! I almost moved to the land of oz when I was younger! I hope she has an incredible time living there and I love her even though I have never met her because of what she did for your horses--particularly Black.

Samantha said...

You know I'm partial to the land down under. :)

Cindy said...

I've always wanted to visit Australia. I hope Paige scuba dives the Great Barrier Reef. Just one of my geeky dreams as a kid. I bet she'll find a worthy cause to attach herself to down under, she's that kind of person. Renee, you're pretty cool too. Thanks for hanging with the kids:)