Saturday morning was incredible! We had over a hundred serving, sacrificing people give up their entire morning to do whatever needed done at GGYR. God is great and we are blessed! Thank you
Sagebrush Second Saturday volunteers! Also thanks to our wonderful friends who have absolutely nothing to do with Sagebrush but believe in the goal and have a serving heart as well. Incredible.
Because of this community outreach program, GGYR is up and running. Max thought he'd eventually get around to building pens and the arena--he had no idea it would all happen in four Saturday mornings-- November '07, February '08, September '08, and this Saturday morning.
I took over 450 pictures of the day. That overwhelms me. I would love to show you each and every amazing person pitching in, but that isn't practical. Perhaps I'll create a slide show again to show you
. Perhaps. As you all know, I promise the world and always forget to deliver. If my energy equalled my ideas, I'd be unstoppable.
Tonight I'd like to thank the always generous B. family of
Albuquerque Cafe who kindly DONATED meals for the whole big crew!!

That's right--Marvin and Jackie shopped for, prepared, and hauled out enough food to feed 200 people. Who does that??!! I just marvel at their generosity! We had chili, fritos, cheese, onions, hot dogs with all the fixings, and lemonade for our dining pleasure.
If you ever find yourself by Alexander Blvd. in Albuquerque during breakfast or lunchtime, please stop in at their cafe to get one of Marvin's delicious creations. And if you do, please tell him thanks for us.
Marvin, Jackie, and girls--thanks once again! We appreciate you so much!
8 comments:
WOW, the girls are so big!! i am shocked that the younger one (you didnt list names so i wont) is so old now. i guess it has been quite a few years!
r
Now that's the kind of story that makes you smile all day long.
:-)
'Bravo Zulu' to all the generous souls who contributed to such a successful event!
It was great, as always, to be a part of anything GGYR. And what a lot of really hard workers!
Now post some pics of the big playdate:)
Thanks Marvin!!! It was YUMMIE!!!
That's awesome...I'm glad it went so well!
love
Holy smokes, that was a bunch of volunteers!! Amazing!! I am beginning to think that NM has to be the most generous state out there!! So, what did they all do? With 450 pictures taken you sure are being vague.
You make it seem like every person you touch is part of your family. What a great photo of the buffett! I would have been there if I still lived there! Too cool.
Post a Comment