Yea God! Our manly men made it back from their grueling 95 miles in three days trip around the perimeter of the ranch safe, sound and oh so sore! We (women folk and children) were so excited to see them coming down that dirt road! We weren't sure when to expect them and just happened to drive down the road to see if we might possibly see them somewhere out in the distance. What luck to see them right as they made it out of the final pasture and on to the road.
They were some very tired, very proud men as they made it back to the barn to complete the 95 mile torture/fun ride.
I, for one, am so impressed and proud of them all! Boy did they ever have some stories to tell! Seriously, one almost DIED on the trip. I'll leave that story for another night. It makes me woozy even thinking about it.
And the horses--those poor, terrific animals! The men unsaddled and put them in the pen where they immediately started eating. Not that horses don't usually do that, but they ate with such intensity. I can only imagine how exhausted they had to be. Their sides were all drawn in and a couple had some impressive saddle sores. Amazing animals!! There was no fighting over who got to eat first, or most, or closest or anything. They just hung their little heads and dug in. The men have been talking about this trip for years. Way cool that they completed it on the 69th birthday of my father-in-law. I'd say that is a pretty impressive birthday present he gave himself! Pop, way to be! For an old dude, you're one tough cookie! ;) He told his boys that he expects them to complete the same trip on each of their 69th birthdays. For some reason, that makes me cry. (Crying as I type this.)
We'll see if Roy, Max and Terry have what it takes at that age. If they're anything like they're old man, I'd bet on it!
Congratulations, men! Even if you needed Pop Tarts to get it done, you can be real darn proud of yourselves.
Much more to come.
19 comments:
I love that first picture.....and if you hadn't specifically mentioned that was Garrett walking with Max, I would have thought it was a teenager....when did he get so tall? Glad they made it safe and nearly sound!
Excellent!
A grand adventure, and one y'all can talk and yarn about for years.
Glad everyone, horses and menfolk alike, returned safe and happy.
Congradulations to the Wade men!!! I can't even imagine how tough yet wonderfully exciting the trip was and surely can't wait to hear all the stories. Such an impressive venture!
Very Glad that everyone is back safe and sound.
Boston Gang
So glad to hear everyone made it out! By the looks on their faces, it was a truly wonderful experience. Can't wait to hear more about it!
Wow! Congratulations! Now that's an accomplishment! I'll bet they feel good (and sore!).
So glad to hear they are back! I can't wait to hear more details.
Super pictures. Well done to all -- especially the horses.
Dan
That is so cool! What an amazing experience!
happy birthday pop!
why is one brother missing?
r
Good job, manly men. How did the steaks come out?
How fun! What a great group of guys. I would have loved that trip and it's hard to meet many people who would have bothered to try!
Happy birthday Jerry! I'm so surprised they can sit and smile for the grop shot.
that is so great!!! Sounds like a wonderful movie in the making!! Reminds me of City Slickers. I can't wait to here the story.
What an adventure! I would have LOVED to have gone!! I can't wait to hear some of their stories!! Looks like the horses and men were happy to be home!
Congrats Men!! I would have called them guys but after 95 miles on horseback I guess they can be called men.
Happy Birthday Pop!!!
Regina, he was coaching this past weekend.
Ohhh, now I'm crying too. Glad they had an Epic time.
What a wonderful adventure!! I am so happy for them and the memories they made. Can't hardly wait for the stories....
I love this story. Really, really cool. Whew!
Post a Comment