Yes, they'll be sleeping out under the stars. This is a man vs. wild experience all the way--
Making doo--
No comforts of home--
OK, in fairness to them I'm sure it will be a challenge. They will ride over 25 miles each day. I can't say I'd ever want to do that. It's just that I have enjoyed teasing them about the grills they are strategically placing along the way so that they might easily cook their STEAKS. (All Jerry's idea, as his boys tell it.) I told Max that was cheating. I can't help it--I've been reading Lonesome Dove where the men didn't have such luxuries.
I'll have to let you know how it goes sometime in the next few days. Please pray for their safe journey--we'd really appreciate it.
Update:
Update:
Just talked to Max as he moseys down the trail. (I insisted he take a cell phone in case someone gets hurt. Service is spotty at best, but better than nothing.) He got a kick out of this post and the comments on it. However, he said I was wrong on something. They aren't riding 25 miles a day--more like 30 or more. He said today should be 34 miles. Sorry, honey. I stand corrected. I am even more impressed now than before.
17 comments:
We'll pray for safety, clear skies, and that you will be able to walk on Monday.
Have a great time, enjoy the moment, and make some wonderful memories.
Is he taking a camera?
I think I'd be taking some comforts of home along... they will be glad for that grill and some poptarts after 25 miles of riding. What else could they do- roast jackrabbit over an open brush fire? I wouldn't ride 25 miles for that!
Safe and fun trip!!! Love the pics! :)
Lonesome Dove cowboys had it even better, They had Pocampo !!
Lonesome Dove cowboys had it even better, They had Pocampo !!
Lonesome Dove cowboys had it even better, They had Pocampo !!
Nice, have a fun and safe trip boys!!!
Sounds great to me. The best of the old world and the new.
Enjoy!
Dan
Oh, and I just wanted to point out a little typo in your post. Right before the toilet paper rolls... didn't you mean "making doo"?
Sorry, that was totally inappropriate, wasn't it;)
Cindy, I'm off to change that right now! Priceless.
Meesh, yes!
Thanks, Barb.
Sarah, :).
Anonymous--who are you? Yes, no Po. I think they'll still eat just fine. Maybe not grasshoppers, but I made cookies.
Dan and Nee, :).
That really is too funny. Barbeques strategically placed and I bet they will have iced drinks waiting too?
Jst remind Max he is working the youth ranch on Tuesday whether or not he can walk.
Heh!
Didn't you know that Pop-Tarts(tm) are a basic necesity of camping?* I'm just surprised there's no Jiffy-Pop(tm).
;-P
*I've done 'rough camping' and 'survival camping,' and the more congenial form of 'just camping.' Lemme tell ya, Pop-Tarts(tm) always make camping better.
hope they dont start a real fire with those grills!
r
I must be like five because I giggled liked crazy about the "making doo."
You must have a big-ass ranch! Wow! Sounds like the boys are in for some fun. What do they do, clear away dead goats or something? :)
Like the delicate humor in your blog and the pics of the travelin' man's cargo. sounds like a great adventure. can't wait to see pictures posted!
Post a Comment