Look what my lovely Lisa wrote for us:
GALLOPING GRACE YOUTH RANCH
PRESS RELEASE
Contact: Max Wade, 991-1885
Galloping Grace Youth Ranch Opens
Annual Pumpkin Stand
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE September 29, 2009
ALBUQUERQUE – Galloping Grace Youth Ranch opens its 3rd annual Pumpkin Patch fundraiser on October 1st. The owners of the ranch and a volunteer staff will run the pumpkin stand from the Quanz parking lot located at the corner of Paseo del Norte and Eagle Ranch from October 1 – October 31.
In addition to selling pumpkins, straw bales and corn stalks, the stand will feature a Kiddie Corral free of charge. Children can enjoy a corn maze, duck races, a bean bag toss, coloring pages, a corn pit, pumpkin bowling, a dress-up scarecrow, Mr. Pumpkin Head and much more. Free horse rides will be offered on the weekends and during scheduled field trips.
“We are offering more than we ever have at the pumpkin stand this year,” said owner Max Wade. “Our goal is to keep improving it and make it a fun destination for kids and their families.”
The pumpkin stand is the major source of revenue for Galloping Grace Youth Ranch, a local not-for-profit organization. The facility provides a self-guided adventure with a horse for all children. Appointments are made on a first-come-first-served basis and no one is ever charged for services at the ranch. “Our mission is to bring pure joy to children and we want to be as available to everyone as we can,” said Wade.
100% of the proceeds from the fundraiser go toward running the ranch so that services can continue to be offered free of charge.
The pumpkin stand will be open from 9:30 AM to 6:00 PM every day in October.
For additional information about Galloping Grace go to ggyr.org or call Max Wade at (505) 991-1885.
I just love that Lisa! Thanks my friend.
11 comments:
Beautiful, Lisa! I am picturing throngs of people because of this... everyone ready???
Awesome!!
Rollin', rollin', rollin', keep those pumpkins rollin'. Keep those pumpkins rollin' on home. Can you tell I need time away from work? I know I'm going to work now.
Bravo, Bravo~
Very great reporting~
this is definitely a lead story!
Well done Lisa.
Dan
PS: You should contact that local writer for the Journal, Jennifer Huard, and get her to do an article.
What a great press release, Lisa! Good work!
Sounds great!
Wonderful. 'clap, clap, clap'. Can hardly wait to see it.
Wow, what a fabulous article! Is Lisa a reporter?
Yay Lisa! That is just awesome. I see hordes of folks rushing into your pumpkin stand over the next few weeks. Are you ready?!
~Lisa
Awesome! I only wish I could come check it out. But the photos are good, too.
Post a Comment