Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Diggin' It

Fellow Bloggers, do you also experience the feast or famine of post ideas? I go from scraping the barrel to feeling slightly panicked because things are happening faster than I can report.

Tonight, a few quick snippets before I get too overwhelmed and shut down completely.

Happy Anniversary to David and Diana. Diana is a regular volunteer at GG. I just love her. She is from the Ukraine and has a great accent. Hearing her speak Russian with her son is too cool. I struggle teaching my three year old English! (Maybe I'm kidding a little, but still.) Monday was my first day to meet David. Wouldn't you know it--he is also really nice. I guess it's only appropriate they met, fell in love, and got hitched seven years ago. Know what they did to celebrate their big anniversary? Oh, volunteered at Galloping Grace of course!
David's company allows him to volunteer a certain number of hours a month and then pays for his time! Thanks, Intuit. And David, thanks for choosing GG as your helpful place! That Diana gal got herself a new camera and was absolutely obnoxious with it! I found myself ditching her every few minutes! Hmmph! Some people! I mean, who goes around shoving their cameras into other people's business like that? I'm just going to go out on a limb and say Nikon users are far more polite. I'm just sayin'. This man is Pops. He is nearing 89 years old. I did a post about him a few months back. Boy, is he ever a hoot! He has more jokes--so funny. I went up to say hi and asked him if he was working hard. Pops replied, "Nah, just screwing around." You're too cute, Pops. Thanks for lending a hand and some screws on Monday.

This handsome fellow is Doug, Pops's son-in-law. Doug not only helped all morning on Saturday, but he came back Monday to finish roofing a shade structure that didn't get completed that day. Doug is a great guy, always doing something wonderful for GG.

I loved his suspenders. Doug, thanks for all you do.

I'll stop after this last subject.

At Second Saturday I was approached by a man who told me he'd pay BIG MONEY for a picture of his wife working that Rota Tiller. (No idea how to spell that.) It was my lucky day! I had already snapped off quite a few pictures of her in action. She was impressive working that machine. (I get tired hauling my cameras around--no joke!) Now I'm kicking myself. Why didn't I get his name and number so that I could collect my moola? Sir, are you reading this? If so. . .

Make big check payable to Michelle L. Wade. Thanks and goodnight.

Oh, and thanks to you and your wife for helping us on Saturday. I think you're pretty swell.

People, go out there and have yourselves a great day. Say Michelle sent you.

7 comments:

Paint Girl said...

You are so funny! Thanks for the laugh tonight! I just love being introduced to your volunteers, they are such wonderful people helping you guys out. I just started volunteering at a dog and cat rescue organization, and it is so worth it! Very rewarding!!
Did you ever get your moola? I sure hope so!!

dena said...

Your'e a crack up! I love ya & your posts!

Erin said...

Great post, sis! It's so great to see what's going on at GGYR from a distance. Keep it up!

Trish said...

Congrats David and Diana. Intuit is such a great company. They let their employees have time off and they even donate money to Intuit. We love our volunteers and the companies they work for.

Andrea said...

That is one huge rota tiller!! My goodness, she must have some muscles!! Her hubby, if he ever finds out, better watch out!! LOL!!

And gramps is too cute!! Just screwing around!! You have some pretty fun volunteers that come out there. :)

Our life is a bowl of Barry's said...

Aww, Pops reminds me of my grandpa...the screwing around comment would have been so up his alley! I totally feel the same way-feast or famine with blog posts...I'm in a bit of a famine, but I think it's getting better!

Stacey and Bill said...

These are the pictures of the land and its people in New Mexico. Great stuff that you could enter into the State Fair for next year. Think about it!