Today was an amazing day! If you are one of the many volunteers who gave up your Saturday morning working at Galloping Grace, thank you so much! I will talk about it all soon. Right now I'm Exhausted. (Yes, exhausted with a capital E!) We just got home from a rodeo and concert.
I thought I'd post something funny that happened at the concert. Funny might not be the word I'm looking for! If you are a new reader to this blog, this might not be the best first post to read. Stop now and try again later. I'd hate to offend anyone so early in our relationship. If you're used to my ways, by all means carry on.
Chase and Trish invited us to a rodeo and Terri Clark concert. Chase has a thing for Ms. Terri, so he arranged the tickets and babysitting for the show. Our rodeo tickets were awesome! We had a great view of all the happenings. Unfortunately, where we were seated we wouldn't have been able to see the concert. Luckily, a friend and former employee of Max's was working at the venue. She let us know where and how to get on the arena floor so we were right under where Terri performed. (Our box tickets allowed this.)
While it is cool to be able to see a singer up close, it comes at a cost. After one of her songs, Terri asked the audience for a show of hands of anyone that was in love with someone. Of course Max and I shot our hands up. Terri scanned the far side of the audience and then came back our way. By this time our arms were tired and we put them back down. She was still looking to see who was in love. She says, "You all in love over here?" I look back at Max to see if we really needed to raise our hands again. This was the fateful moment when Terri spotted us. She says,
"You just looked at him to see if he was going to raise his hand. You thought, 'You better raise your hand and say you love me or I won't be raising anything for you tonight!'"
Let me just say that I turned a hundred shades of red. We laughed. The whole arena laughed. We laughed some more. Terri laughed. Terri pointed us out again. "Ahh, I can see I really embarrassed you. You're so cute." Our moment in the spot light seemed to last an eternity.
She went on to sing her song. Easy for her to go on--I was in a full body sweat at this point.
She finished that number and then looked right at me and gave me a sweet "I'll be nice to you because of the torture I just caused you" kind of way. I winked at her and then she did a little head gesture back. Funny lady!
I think I'll stay in my assigned seat next time.
It is 1:19 AM right now and I keep falling asleep as I post. That just might be my cue to call it a night. No word of the day tonight. Sorry. Maybe next time I'll use two.
Have a great weekend.
Saturday, September 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I'm too young to understand what you're talking about, but I'm glad you had a good time.
Dan
you winked....seriously?
r
Great story. Once we went to a Sting concert, in the third row, and waiting before the concert started. I guess they were testing the cameras or something, and the cameraman chose us as a subject, I glanced up at the huge video screen behind the stage, and there we were on the screen, close up and on display for the huge crowd to see. What a surprise that was.
OH how much fun!! I love Terri Clark!! She is so good! Did Max end up raising his hand again?
Isn't your daily life a rodeo? :)
Mine is.
But no one is singing....
(Sounds like fun.)
Michelle I totally sympathize. I can hold my own in small crowds and one on one, but I get so awkward and red when I am in the spotlight. I think Mark might think it is kinda cute because he has set me up a time or two. Cute story and kudos for winking.
I've never heard of Terri Clark before. And I've not been to concert since my teen years (yikes! has it really been that long?!), but I'm glad to hear you had such a terrific time, embarrasment and all :)
~Lisa
Laughing Orca Ranch
Tijeras, NM
OH! I would love to go to a Terri Clark concert. I love her music.
Funny story!
Post a Comment