Monday, September 8, 2008

Talking Canvas

(Following scenes taken at Mattie's birthday party--post appearing soon.)

Cochise asked me to pass on an important message to all of you horse enthusiasts out there. And just so you know, he does have a lot of expertise on the matter.If you plan on painting your horse anytime in the near future, he highly recommends that you... refrain from using tempera paint!!!Although it is non-toxic and "washable", it sure stays on there longer than we'd like.I'm sure Cochise is just happy he is over that terrible case of colic to care too terribly much. At least that's what I'm telling myself until the paint wears off.

Sweet readers, I sure hope none of you feel the need to bruit to PETA about the shenanigans at Galloping Grace. It was an honest mistake. Who knew all washable paints were not created equal?

Crayola will, from now on, be the official paint of Galloping Grace Youth Ranch. Someone please contact them so they can throw large donations our way--or at least some vats of paint!

14 comments:

Jessica Gordon said...

Those are some darling pictures!

My boys would *LOVE* to have a birthday party at the ranch! How fun!

word of the day: vats?

Anonymous said...

bruit - cardiology term?

those little painting muffins are so cute...

lisa

Unknown said...

WOD = bruit!

Anonymous said...

Poor Cochise, did you even give him the recommended amount of down-time before painting him??? I guess what he doesn't know won't hurt him...I just wonder if the other horses in the pen make fun of him ever.

WOD- bruit

Cindy said...

Bruit. I'd better go look that up so I don't seem dim for not knowing what it means=)

But don't quiz me on it later, because I'll probably forget to look it up.

Dan and Betty said...

I saw Cochise this morning while I was at the ranch helping out. He looked fine - no worse for the wear and tear.

He's a great horse.

Dan

Keri said...

Colorful is good....

Pam said...

bruit word of day

Auntie Nee said...

bruit is my guess for WOTD

Heidi said...

I LOVE your painted horse!! Thank you for stopping over to my blog - I love to have people come by and newbies are always welcome!!

TjandMark said...

Bruit.

I think all of the other horses are jeolous of Cochise and he is proud that he is the warrior horse who wears coats of paint. There, do you feel better?

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Hmmm. I'm afraid that I must go *bruit* to the officials over your trying to turn poor Cochise into a deep fried Japanese snack.

Why would you paste the sweet fella with tempura batter, instead of tempera paint?

Shame on you!


(giggle)
~Lisa
Laughing Orca Ranch
New Mexico

Andrea said...

I have always wondered what type of paint you used. Now all I need is a really good lightly colored horse that we can paint!! LOL!!! He is such a good boy and I am sure he doesn't mind the extra color!! :)

The Wades said...

Lisa at Twinville--

Thank you so much for pointing out the error of my ways! We really don't want to deep fry the fellow! I corrected it immediately.

At least one of my readers was looking out for me-geez!

:) Michelle