Man with cyst and impending heart surgery posting:
I am amazed and blessed to have so many of you praying and expressing your concerns for my family and me. This has been a roller coaster couple of weeks and you all have helped to ease the pressure.
Things were getting a little mundane around here and I was in need of a little more attention so I thought to myself, "Why not develop some major medical problems with the two most important organs in the body. I bet people will pay more attention to me, especially if there is the possibility of having both the brain and heart operated on!" Well, things are plugging along just as I had planned. Open heart surgery is guaranteed within the next four months or so, and the cyst is still big, bold and "be-nign". Yep, that's right, benign! I went in for my MRI at 6:30am this morning. Within an hour of leaving the lab, the radiologist had contacted my primary doctor who then called to inform me that the cyst was indeed benign. This is great news! Now I just have to wait a couple of weeks to see the neurologist so that he can determine if surgery is necessary or not. My cousin's neurosurgeon did, however, say that he did not think it needed to be operated on at this time. Most of you have seen the picture of the cyst in my brain already. If not, scroll down and take a look at it again and internalize just how big it is relative to the size of my head. Now, isn't it amazing that even with this giant growth in my brain, I can function at such a high level of intelligence!!!!! Can you imagine my potential if it were not taking up a quarter of my brain space? Wow, that even amazes me!! Now here is something even more amazing. I have been functioning as an amazingly strong, loving, and healthy man on a fraction of the heart capability of most grown men. Again, can you imagine what I am going to be like after the doctors replace my broken down aortic valve? Look out for the new and improved Cowboy Max!!! I am speechless to express how amazing it is going to be.
You all have been simply amazing!! Hang in there, I will only get more arrogant the closer I get to surgery. That is only because it means that I am that much closer to perfection!!
Thank you all again. Michelle and I will keep you updated on everything.
Friday, September 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
15 comments:
That is WONDERFUL news!!! Thanks be to God!!! We will keep praying that the surgeries go well.
this is great news.I have been praying for you guys ever since julie called mom. keep everyone poseted. we love you - kristy
I was gonna give you a hard time, Max, but my HEART just isn't in it.
We are so happy to hear the GREAT news!!!!
Love ya...big head, big benign brain cyst, and all.
lisa
Maybe they need to operate on your humility organ as well, wherever and whatever that is. It seems to be out of whack. :))
Just kidding of course. Your family, friends, horses, and the kids at the ranch all need you to get better.
Dan
happy and still praying....;)
bionic man will have nothin' on you!
I am having heart palpitations just thinking about the perfect Max. I don't think the world is ready. Good thing we have a few months to prepare.
Isn't it amazing...I had been thinking that very same thing. Imagine the super-powers of stone cold fox-ness this man would possess with all his vital organs in an optimal state!
It just blows my mind. :)
Happpy to here the good news! we will keep you in are prayers!! God is good & we know you will be just fine!!
Keep us posted! God bless you & your wonderful family!!
oink, oink.
smells like bacon.
here piggy piggy.
su-weee
my vote is for the pig valve!
r
regina--thanks for your vote on the valve of choice. pig valve probably will not be an option for max (as much as he loves bacon) because of his age. we need something that will last much longer--most likely a mechanical valve.
everyone else, :)!!
That is great news Max! I'm glad to hear that your cyst is benign. ya there is a little space being used up by it but it could be worse, when i got an MRI they found an I.O.U signed god,.
Max I hope that your heart surgery goes as good as possible, and give your ticker another 10 to 20 horse power. take care Eric
I love reading your posts, Max. You are always so upbeat and zany, even when the chips are down. You just pick them back up and have a good laugh.
I don't have anything witty to add like so many here....though I do love all of them because they are so full of cheer.....but I know you'll be ok because you, my dear, have the biggest, most beautiful heart of all.
~Lisa
over at Laughing Orca Ranch
Well that is great news. Of course you and your ego are still the same. I guess the cyst and heart haven't damaged your self image. God help us if you get anymore big headed. JK
Love
Post a Comment