Poncho, the rotten little rascal, is being surprisingly agreeable lately. He made us proud last weekend when Max put a saddle on him and he didn't react.
Not a care in the world. He was more interested in his buddy Hank.
Max then decided to let Grant have a whirl on the stud muffin. Easy breezy. Was the wild child born to give small children rides? We just don't know. So many people have commented that he needs a job to do. This could be his calling.
Claire even tried him out. All went well until she inadvertently gave him a kick. Why do I miss such pictures? Let's just say he has quick reaction time.
Garrett figured he might be a little too big for Poncho, so he decided to just walk him around.
There was absolutely no choler exhibited, just a pleasant little equine on a stroll with his master and his only animal friend in the whole wide world. (His choice!)
Garrett later convinced Poncho to climb up the gravel pile with him. (You can barely see Garrett's head peaking over the top.)
Not a care in the world. He was more interested in his buddy Hank.
Max then decided to let Grant have a whirl on the stud muffin. Easy breezy. Was the wild child born to give small children rides? We just don't know. So many people have commented that he needs a job to do. This could be his calling.
Claire even tried him out. All went well until she inadvertently gave him a kick. Why do I miss such pictures? Let's just say he has quick reaction time.
Garrett figured he might be a little too big for Poncho, so he decided to just walk him around.
There was absolutely no choler exhibited, just a pleasant little equine on a stroll with his master and his only animal friend in the whole wide world. (His choice!)
Garrett later convinced Poncho to climb up the gravel pile with him. (You can barely see Garrett's head peaking over the top.) These next pictures were taken a few days later. The man in the picture is Bear, a precious volunteer who is so sweet with all the kids. Bear also has a soft spot in his heart for ol' Poncho. Bear makes it a priority to walk Poncho every time he comes out to help.
This time he invited two little cuties, Haley and Kelsey, along for the stroll.
When they got back from their walk, Grant S. had a turn with him.
Grant convinced Poncho that walking on mulch piles was a whole lot of fun.
We have high hopes that Poncho might pull a little cart someday. Wouldn't he be so cute delivering people's pumpkins to their cars at our pumpkin stand? I don't know if we can make it work this year, but it gives us (Max and whomever else) a goal for next. Let us know if you come across the perfect little cart--we'd love to check it out.
This time he invited two little cuties, Haley and Kelsey, along for the stroll.
When they got back from their walk, Grant S. had a turn with him.
Grant convinced Poncho that walking on mulch piles was a whole lot of fun.
We have high hopes that Poncho might pull a little cart someday. Wouldn't he be so cute delivering people's pumpkins to their cars at our pumpkin stand? I don't know if we can make it work this year, but it gives us (Max and whomever else) a goal for next. Let us know if you come across the perfect little cart--we'd love to check it out. Here's hoping your week is fantastic. If you get bored, come take Poncho for a walk. He could use the exercise.
10 comments:
Poncho is such a cutie. I like him. He would be darling pulling a cart.
We had a pony that could not be "let go". But you could lead that little guy anywhere. It took a few years to get really good at not caring about being messed with but he got the picture and he loved the kids. It just takes time. Poncho will be great with all the love he gets.
Super pictures (as usual).
Poncho is a big horse in a little horse's body, but he definitely has a big horse heart.
Dan
PS: Where in the world did you find the word 'choler?' That's an ancient word.
The word is: choler, and Poncho is soooo cute!
choler. I'm glad he did exhibit any.... whatever it is. I really have to get a new dictionary! LOL
choler! I forgot to even look for a word, and I read it unnoticed, until I saw the comments. Is that cheating?
Cute pictures of Pedro, ahem, I mean Poncho. He's like a big giant dog being walked by the kids.
Ponchoriffic!!!
choler -
Grant looks so cute up there on Poncho :)
lisa
I'm glad no choler was exhibited. When choler is exhibited, it's just no good. ;)
I'm a-comin' over to walk Poncho. I could use the exercise, too. ;)
Looks like Poncho is displaying a bit of CHOLER while being tugged up that mulch pile. hehe
Poncho is adorable. The dog is almost bigger then he is!
~Lisa
Laughing Orca Ranch
Tijeras, NM
WOTD- choler
Post a Comment