I feel it urgently necessary to preempt my normally scheduled gratitude post with a public safety warning courtesy of Galloping Grace Youth Ranch.
Please remember to always, ALWAYS check your riding helmet before placing it on your head. 

We sure know how to put new riders at ease here at GG.
Not a big deal--just a baby bull snake. I love snakes myself, but to have one crawling on my head uninvited...that would be a little much.
The girls were excited to see the little guy. This young lady actually wanted to take him home. (She ended up releasing him before she left.)
Easy-going Coryn was not rattled in the slightest. Instead of glowering at Max for picking out a reptile infested piece of safety gear, she put the snake helmet on without hesitation. 

Fortunately for us, the children often return the favor! Girls, it was nice meeting you today.
Deanell, Trish, Eric, Nancy, and Dan--thank you for volunteering your time in such a loving way. Without you, we (OK, Max) couldn't make it happen. You are the absolute best! :)
If you are interested in reading a post a mother of three children who came out last week did, please read here. She sure knows how to make us feel appreciated! Cari, thanks for your kind words!
11 comments:
Yikes!!! That would have totally freaked me out!
Yuck, gross, nasty, ugh, skin crawling now!!!
that gives me the e-bb-g-beez!
michelle~
aub wants to know if she can bring her girl scout troop out to GGYR?
I'll call you later....I have to work this am.
watch out for personal protective equipment (helmets)!!!
WOW!!! That is kind of neat (just cuz it was a bull snake and not a rattler). Well I guess you do get the full experience at GGYR.
Those girls were really cool.
It was a lot of fun to be around them.
Dan
O.k. I'm definately reconsidering my promise to make it out there one of these days. I'm going to pretend like I don't live anywhere near your place. :)
My skin is crawling! It brings to mind the time Eric and Mark brought in a king snake that had been caught in a fire. They said it needed to be cared for until it was stronger, and they promised me it wouldn't get out of the aquarium and they sealed it up with duct tape and the next morning I went to the coat closet and opened the door, and "YIKES" there is was. They thought it hilarious. For weeks I kept finding plastic snakes in my sheets. What is it about guys wanting to hear the girls scream.
Thanks for all your stories. Although I am still not quite sure about the dead owl one.... LOL.
Tj
nasty.
r
EKKK!! I would be all sorts of jumpy if I had to put that helmet on!! Good thing he checked it. That could have been crazy!! I am not a snake fan.
I showed Jack this post and he's still wanting to check out the ranch! Actually he said he wouldn't mind living there. Are you up for overnighters?
I'm rethinking the safetyness of helmet wearing now.....
*shudder*
~Lisa
Post a Comment