Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Home Alone

Max posting:

As the title of this post so eloquently states, I am "home alone". That is if you don't count my 4 sleeping children. Earlier this week, Michelle's sister Erin, and her husband Christian offered to fly Michelle over to Chicago to take pictures of their new baby daughter. She accepted and, well, that is why I am home alone. Before Michelle left, she quickly tutored me in the art of creating a new blog post and ever so sweetly asked me to create one of my own. So here it goes. Before I start, however, let me warn those of you who are like me-----THERE ARE NO PICTURES!!!! I am sorry, but she did not teach me that advanced blogging technique. I am struggling reading my own writing because of the lack of pictures and captions. Anyway, let's see if we can get through this together.

Here is one of my memorable moments from this week at GGYR.

Hannah, who is a sweet veteran participant despite being only 6 years old, doesn't always handle horse slobber all that well. Almost always, Hannah brings carrots to feed the horses once she is done riding. As eager as she is to give them treats, she can get seriously grossed out by their saliva. This week, after riding Tootsie, Hannah decided to spend some quality time with her horse without feeding her. I am not sure what the conversation was about but Hannah was up close and personal with Tootsie's nose. Well, needless to say, it is allergy season and Tootsie frequently has "sneezing" attacks. As you can imagine, Hannah's face was engulfed in a sea of horse snot when Tootsie let one fly. I couldn't help it. Even though Hannah was expressing herself in a less than calm way, I was doubled over with laughter. It took a while, but Hannah regained her composure, petted Tootsie on the snout, and said, "God bless you Tootsie."

I am blessed to have similar memories every day.

For those of you who love sweet corn from the other side of the mountain, send Trish an email at trishkoester@ggyr.org. The man that supplies us with our pumpkins picked his field of sweet corn this morning and will be in town tomorrow. He has offered to donate a portion of the proceeds to GGYR.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Baby, I love it!! Thanks for doing a post and for always being so supportive. I love you so much! Michelle

Our life is a bowl of Barry's said...

Good job Max...job well done! And it's already been stamped and approved I see! Have a fun time Michelle and watch out for that catchy baby fever!!!

Anonymous said...

yeah remember though it does take 5 to have a basketball team
tim

Jenn said...

You did a great job,max. Grace and I enjoyed reding this!

Dan and Betty said...

Well done Max. Hopefully, we'll see you soon.

Dan

nicole said...

nice job! it was a cute post, even though it had no pictures it was still a fun post. miss you all!

TjandMark said...

No photos needed, your words painted the picture well. All I can say about it is that I want to be like Hannah and when I am covered with 'snot' be able to bless the giver.

TjandMark said...

"Pictures?... we don't need no stinkin' pictures..."
The images came through clear and in living color, like all the best cowboys, you are a natural story-teller! mark

Robin said...

I like your version of the story. If Michelle had been writing this post, we would have had to look at pictues of horse snot. Thanks for saving us from that!

Cindy said...

Word pictures. I pictured the whole story in my mind. That is a story well-told. Who needs pictures of horse snot? Gross pictures are Michelle's department.

Miss you all already.

xoxo

Melissa said...

The Tootsie sneeze was memorable! Poor Hannah, she was so grossed out, but she was also so sweet.

Good post Max!

lexi said...

Faaaantastic!!!!!!!!!!mr.max. great memory it was really cute......hope your having fun, :)

Anonymous said...

Nice job Max. Thanks for holding down the fort so Michelle could come visit the Chi.

Christian