Max's cousin Michael's wife Kristen (catch that?) called me a couple weeks ago. We were having a nice chit chat about what was going on in our lives when she told me an interesting little tidbit.
They live in a town in Minnesota. They are very involved in their church. Michael and Kristen are currently teaching a class about financial freedom from debt. She called one of the ladies signed up for the class to give her some information about the class. Kristen said she was happy to talk with her because the lady is brand new to Minnesota. When Kristen realized the lady was from New Mexico, she told her how they had come to visit us and spend some time at our family cattle ranch a couple years ago. OK, here's the part I thought was interesting. Ready?
When Kristen told her our name, the lady said she knew who were were and had come to the pumpkin stand where her child rode a horse for the first time ever. And guess who took pictures of that child and then emailed them to her??! Yep, me! (The fact I actually emailed the pictures is a miracle in its self--I still haven't uploaded all the pictures I took for families at the Christmas Corral. I am a loser of epic proportions!)
I find it incredible that the two meet up in MN. Kristen said when she told her our names she never in a million years expected to have the lady know who we were.
I told Kristen she or the lady had to guest post about the whole thing to share with all of you. I suppose they are too busy handling their money and visiting with each other to give a hoot about me and my desires to provide quality blog material. Hmmph! Don't they know I have figure skating and curling to watch? I mean really!
Kidding about the curling. OK, truth is I'm such a junkie I'd watch the curling just because of that ultra cool Olympic music and the special feature story they're bound to do about an impoverished athlete rising above, missing out on entire childhood experiences with their family to hone their skills with the little brooms and odd ball thingy.
It's a small world after all.
10 comments:
It's official. You guys are famous! Rising national stars. I wonder how many states you are known in?
Next thing you know you'll be invited to the white house for dinner. My vote is we send Melissa.
So sorry I did not write the post for you! You did a super job as always!
Kristen
Kristen, did I butcher the story??! If so, you have only yourself to blame. ;) Love ya, girl!
Cindy, that's us. Maybe you should start calling us Machelle.
Barb, I think they would be hilarious! Can you imagine Melissa rockin' the White House screaming "Oh my baby Jesus!" Maybe I can go photograph the event.
Gosh I love connections like that. Mark and I always say thats just the matrix showing through, but we really know that God gives us these things to encourage us and knit us all together. Lovely.
Wow! Small world.
and MN is NM in reverse.
curling uses stones, not balls.
tug loves curling.
r
Regina, but aren't the stones ball-ish shaped with handles??? Am I remembering wrong?
I love any Olympic sport. I can't help myself.
Wait, I'm not really into rhythmic gymnastics. those ribbons bug me. but if the story is good enough . . .
Neat post.
My favorite small world story happened in Hong Kong while I was in the Navy. Ships anchor out in the harbor and take small boats into this long pier. A carrier was there and their small boat arrived at the pier about the same time as mine. I started talking with this officer from the carrier as we walked down the pier. By the time we got to the end, we had found out that his favorite aunt was my first grade teacher.
Truly a small world.
Dan
Almost everyone that I know, knows the Wonderful Wades! :) Maybe because I brag on you all the time! Love you guys!
Post a Comment