In typical Matt fashion, he went off and did something wonderful again. He did, he did!! He called Max one day and told him that he knew of a company willing to donate 1500 feet of 2 1/2" pipe to Galloping Grace. Yes, you read donate correctly! If I'm remembering the story right, Matt approached this company and let them know a little about the ranch and our needs for a new horse pen.
I need to find out more about the wonderful people at Black Hills Corp. I mean really, how nice they must be to donate all that pipe to people they've never met for a ranch they've never heard of! I can tell you one thing, they are a generous bunch with giving hearts!! Thank you so very much, Black Hills Corp. (I'll put a link to their company once I have the correct website.) The pipe you so kindly donated will be used to rebuild our horse pen. The one we have now has seen better days. We want to get it replaced so that our fencing is more sturdy for the horses and children alike.
Matt not only orchestrated this donation, but then offered to deliver it to us. (Keep in mind Matt lives about two and a half hours from us--huge favor!) This Saturday was drop off day. Here's the horror of the situation. Max and I had wonderful friends, Jeff and Stacy, in town from Clovis. We have had a lunch date planned with them for a couple months now. Jeff had business in town all day Friday, so Saturday was the day for us to finally get to see them after a year. (Stacy and I did see each other Friday where we had lunch and saw TWO chick flicks.) Matt offered to bring the pipe Friday, but Max stayed home with Garrett while he recovered from tonsil/adenoid surgery. Saturday was the day. Max couldn't even be there to thank him in person.
Cue Tim. You know Tim, right? He's that super swell volunteer who has given countless rides at the pumpkin stand and Christmas Corral. The one who helps do whatever needs done. The man on our board. Friend extraordinaire. Tim came to our rescue once again. He volunteered to not only feed, but to meet Matt out there and help unload the pipe.
Since Tim wasn't doing enough, I asked if he'd pretty pretty please take his camera to get some pictures of the event. He said yes. Here you go--Tim's pictures from Saturday.
Nice guy Matt unchaining pretty pipes.
Nice guy Matt unstrapping pretty pipes.
Nice guy Matt walking off trailer now empty of precious cargo.
The pretty pipe hanging out waiting to fulfill its destiny as a horse pen.
Because of Matt, Black Hills Corp., and Tim, we now have enough pipe to do the posts for our new pen.
I absolutely love nice people. We are blessed!!
Let the welding begin.
There is another Matt we love to pieces--our nephew! That little turkey went off and turned nine years old today! How dare he? When we called him, I asked him to slow it down a bit. He flatly refused. Oh well, what's an aunt to do? I guess I'll love him until he's too big and stinky to stand any longer then I'll love him some more. Matty, Happy Birthday!
10 comments:
Nice!!! Matt you are a sweetheart!!! Thanks Black Hills Corp, the pipe will be used well. Timmy you are a nice guy and I love working with you!!! Max, get to work welding pal!!!
love
Matt you rock dude! What can we do to ever repay your kindness?
Wow, what a super nice guy! You know, I never hear anything but good stuff about you, Matt! Thanks a million!
I love Matt!! Yippee!! Come back and help Max Weld!
Excellent Pipe Dream coming to fruition ... well, after Max puts it together! But still, a wonderful start!
Well done Matt and Black Hills folks.
Dan
Congrats on the pipe and the very generous people in your lives.
~Lisa
Let the welding begin indeed! Awesome donation. Have fun y'all
taht is some awesome news to hear. tell them that i say thanks and i can't wait to see how the new horse pens comes out. hope garrett is doing better, miss and love you all!
-your boston friend
Whoo hoo for donations! That's awesome!
Post a Comment