Thursday, February 25, 2010

Overly Obsessed Olympic Observer

(Lisa, why are you in Vancouver right now instead of reading my alliteration-filled titles?)

Toots needs antibiotics. Her leg decided to swell up today, so back to the vet Max went. Poor girl.

In answer to a question from the other night, she came to us with that name. We loved it and never thought of changing it for a second. She is also called Tootsie when we're feeling formal and fancy.

Max had to change her bandage. As bad as it looks, she was a perfect angel while he worked on her. Talk about your sweet dispositions. He reports he found the area that got her. Part of the horse fencing was pushed (by those crazy equines) slightly beyond straight. It is now wired back to the proper spot.

It's been bitterly cold at the ranch. Amen and hallelujah jury duty is over for that handsome cowboy of mine--who really wants to hear me griping about my frozen fingers? He ended up only having to go twice. Isn't that crazy?! He was on call for three weeks. When I had jury duty, I was on call two weeks and had to go about every other day.

I've already begun my mourning process for the impending ending (poet and didn't know it!) of the Olympics. Truly and without a doubt, I should get a life. I get so wrapped up in it all. So you know, at least two of our children are fairly convinced that they will one day be in the Olympics. They are weighing their options--just what is the best sport? We'll get back to you in about ten years on how that's working for them. I'm a little nervous about their skiing prospects being that they've never gone. Could be problematic. I can say that my nerves could never ever handle having a figure skater on Olympic ice. I gasp and choke anytime a fall happens for other people's children. I might be safe in this department. Real. Safe. Indeed.

Max is a little huffy with a few of the commercials airing. P & G is being very, very kind to mothers. His question--do Olympic athletes not have fathers?! The big baby.

OK, gotta go back to the TV. I just heard an award ceremony playing as I typed. Time to rewind and cry happy tears for the Canadian who won bronze just days after her mama died. Incredible!


7 comments:

Keri said...

u r 2 cute, michelle.
i luv u.

Barb said...

What Max needs to upderstand is that not all dads are like him & Tim. Involved in their kids lives!! As you know the girls danced for years with the New Mexico Ballet company. You never saw the dads at practice or waiting for the classes to end, it was always the moms. Tim did that and he did field trips, and doctors appointments, parent teacher meetings and was part of the girls' daily lives. And that is why he has the relationship with them today that he has.
To Max and all the dads out there. Stay involved in your kids lives while they're little and you will have wonderful relationships with them when they're teenagers and adults.

Dan and Betty said...

If the Olympics ever has a lizard/snake catching event, Garrett has the Gold sewn up.

Barb is right about Max, but there's one other thing. Having worked for P&G (a great company and I'm proud of their commercials), I know that Mom's buy a whole lot more of P&G's products than Dad's do. So, that's why the ads are targeted to complementing Moms. The folks at P&G are no fools.

Besides, it helps my retirement.

Dan

TjandMark said...

Ok, to heck with mark and his no TV wishes. I am going to go call Direct right now for a satellite install. JK. But seriously, I would totally be into it like you are. Totally.

nicole said...

aaaw that is so sad about the canadian who's mom died, and i agree you are to cute, i miss you all!

Regina said...

I'm already begun my mourning process for the impending ending (poet and didn't know it!) of the Olympics.

perhaps it is poetic license but shouldn't I'm be I've?

i've called you several times to check on gdub to no avail. where you been? how is my nephew?
r

The Wades said...

Thanks, R. Changed it.

What number are you calling? I'm here most of the time.