Sunday, February 28, 2010

Oh Can-a-da

Dear Barnsie,

I wanted to congratulate you and your fellow countrymen on your win in the gold medal hockey game. Who knew I loved hockey so much? Who knew I could scream so loud when the goal was made to tie the game? Man my throat hurts! As sad as I was for Team USA, I could sit back and be delighted for all of you. Yes, we know, hockey is your sport. We've been told time and time and time again. Bask in your victory, but be watching for those boys in blue four years down the line. They'll be ready.

I'm glad you, Lisa, and the kids got to go to your hometown to be a part of the Olympic experience. Please thank your country for hosting such wonderful games! Talk about your beautiful locations! Breathtaking. I can't wait to see what souvenir you bring back for me.

Love,

Michelle

P.S. Tell Clint I think he looks a lot like the guy who scored the winning goal.

P.S. again--Hey Krista, tell your boys congratulations too.



Max said he wishes you guys would have lost. He would have enjoyed that tremendously.
The end.

12 comments:

Barb said...

Now what are we going to watch on TV?

Our life is a bowl of Barry's said...

Tell Max we were glad Canada won too. And very glad it wasn't a shut out. That was an exciting game! Especially when watching it on slow speed through Tivo. Saved me a lot of time but we still got to see the good parts! I'm just sayin'!

Melissa said...

I like what Max said.

The Wades said...

Don't get me wrong, Cari--I wasn't glad they won, only happy for them. I was very sad for us. I didn't Tivo. I watched that puppy live. Time went very fast.

I'm with you, Barb. What now??

Melissa, funny.

Dan and Betty said...

There are some really nice people in Canada -- at least in the western part (BC and AB). We haven't visited in the middle or eastern part. I'm sure they're just as nice.

It will be tough to be the Canadians, but we know it can be done.

Good Olympics.

Now time to get a life.

Dan

Trish said...

At least it wasn't a blow out. It was a great close exciting game. The closing ceremony much better then opening as well. Just my opinion.

Samantha said...

What a generous spirit you are. I'm okay with the Canadians winning anything because I LERVE Canadians. I don't know why--I just lerve them. :)

Regina said...

what a diplomatic post, BORING. we would kick their arse in football!
r

Andrea said...

They Olympics are on?.... I must be the worst fan ever. I have only watched a few things.....It's great that Canada won.

TjandMark said...

Oh, you did it again Michelle. And you know what? I called the Dish installer on Saturday. We might just get TV. Mark is being nice about it and we have been unplugged that way for 6 years now. If only we had did it before the Olympics....

The Wades said...

Dan, working on that life.

Sam, I lerve you! I know how you feel--I think they're practically Americans. I know I'm wrong about that, and they would probably be offended, but I don't care.

Trish, completely agree. I thought the closing ceremony was much more fun. I also had fast forwarding abilities because we had paused so many times. I got to forward through boring songs.

Andrea, you must be too busy with Mardi Gras and taking gorgeous pictures. You have better things to do w/ yourself than watch others exercise.

Regina, guilty as charged! But they're so nice. . .and it was so pretty and I was feeling emotional.

TJ, six years?!!!! I did you a favor. You mean you don't watch quality programming like American Idol or Grey's Anatomy?? (heehee) At least you'll have coverage when the summer olympics roll around.

Keri said...

I didn't see it. :( How was the big ranch?