Thursday, February 11, 2010

Heart Warming

Trish sent out a nice newsletter email with some testimonial. Included in it was a little blurb by Max. A week or so letter we got this response from a mother of a child who rode at the pumpkin stand. It is too good not to share.


Hello,

This email just blew me away, so I had to reply. I am thrilled that our family has had the opportunity to meet you guys at the Pumpkin Stand and the Christmas corral. You guys are amazing.

I was plenty impressed by the folks who assisted the children riding horses. I emailed my thanks for Max who was able to win over the trust of my 6-year old daughter, Jayna. That is no small feat, believe me! But, I have to tell you that I had no idea that they shared a much bigger connection than overcoming Jayna's fear of heights/horses. Jayna has been praying for a friend who is also a heart patient. It looks like she found one. Thanks for sharing your story Max! Jayna was born with the heart defect Tetralogy of Fallot. She underwent open-heart surgery when she was only 2 months old, which repaired all her heart plumbing. Jayna is in need of another open-heart surgery this year. She needs a valve replacement....a new pulmonary valve. The timeline we are facing right now is surgery in May. It was a great blessing to be able to show Jayna this email and tell her that her cowboy friend also had a valve replacement surgery, and look at how well he is doing now!

If you get a chance, will you please share with me how long it took to recover well enough to be back in the saddle, riding a horse again?

Have a great day,
Kristi


God puts the neatest people in our lives. Kristi, thanks so much for sharing with us. Jayna has been added to our prayers.

4 comments:

Robin said...

We just never know how our testimonies will affect someone else. I'll be praying for this little girl and all of you. Keep doing what you're doing.!

Keri said...

Sweet..... Heart-mates! :)

Dan and Betty said...

God uses all things to his glory -- including heart surgeries.

Great story. We'll look forward to seeing Jayna at the ranch in late summer.

Dan

TjandMark said...

sniffle, sniffle, wipe, wipe.