Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Ah Shucks!

Trish put together an email update with a few testimonials from the 2009 season. Here are a couple:


God brought GGYR into our lives through a pumpkin. In 2009 our family of 5 was in search of 'the great pumpkin, times 5' and we drove by the pumpkin patch. But wait, there are horses? And so it began... our daughter, 11 years old, and missing her best friend and her two horses after a cross country move was intrigued. After a guided horseback ride, we were introduced to Max Wade and the mission of Galloping Grace. The door was opened to this ordinary family to provide a way for our horse lover to actually work with horses. GGYR provided riding opportunities and interactions with their strong and beautiful creatures, and ultimately, Kylie was asked to train to become a youth mentor, working with the younger children who come to the ranch to ride. We were privileged to come all summer and ride and work. Horse lessons are beyond our financial reach, but this beautiful ministry from a beautiful family and staff of volunteers touched our lives in ways we could never fully say. Thank you Max, Michelle, Trish, and the countless other volunteers for your sacrifices to bring pure joy to children. Our daughter has been blessed and changed because she sees her dream of having a ranch someday as more of a reality, and she's made a true friend in Cochise, the horse.
Bryan and Kristin



We absolutely love Galloping Graces Youth Ranch! We love the teachers and staff. They are so great to the kids. I love that they teach the kids how to care for the horses and have them work before they ride. We have a daughter who is legally blind and had heard of the benefits of having her learn horseback riding. She has loved going over the summer and looks forward to going again this spring. It has boosted her love for animals and confidence. Thanks so much GGYR!!!!!




Trish, thanks for doing that. Nice people, thanks for your kind words.

4 comments:

Dan and Betty said...

Trish is pretty cool. I hope she's recovering well and being a good patient.

Dan

Keri said...

Can I ditto Dan, or does that mean that my comments are getting lame and that I'm lazy? (I think I dittoed Regina yesterday!!) Anyway. I agree with Dan.

TjandMark said...

I love the sentiments shared. It is nice reading about the experiences of kids at the ranch and seeing how God is moving.

psn4athome said...

I love that your ranch touches so many people in different ways! Hope things are well with you.