Sunday, July 12, 2009

Weekend Update

This weekend was a big cleaning at our family cattle ranch.  Freezers were defrosted (imagine big pots of boiling water and prying rock hard meat out of solid ice) and cleaned out, cabinets and closets were organized, drawers stocked, windows washed.  Our big annual branding is just around the corner.  The last couple years has meant 175-200 people attending the dusty fun.  Trish, Beth (sis-in-law), Roy (bro-in-law), Max, kids, and I went to town sweeping and scrubbing so as not to embarrass ourselves when the company arrives.  It should stay clean for all of 15 minutes.  

Cindy and family, thanks so much for feeding the GG horses this weekend while we were gone.  What a huge help.  Steph, thanks for taking Black to your place for the weekend.  (Black has an infected tooth and requires medication and cleaning every day.)  Deborah--thanks for helping out.

Renee and Tim--thanks again for working Saturday.  I heard that everything was great.  It's so nice to know we can leave things in such capable hands.  

I hope your weekend as just as productive as ours was.  

3 comments:

Dan and Betty said...

You just can't beat having good friends when you need them.

Well done one and all.

Dan

TjandMark said...

I don't know about productive, exhaustive might be a better word! Hope Black gets better soon. Have fun at that branding of yours.

Andrea said...

Wow, freezer cleaning!! I bet that was fun! You guys have some of the best back up. Lots of wonderful helpers!!