As I talked to Ginger, she made it clear that her horse was excellent for children, even being used in the past for hippotheaphy. How could we not take a looky (with our trailer in tow.) We drove up into the mountains to see this little beauty.
This girl is Isabel, 7 years old. Even though we were looking to take her horse away, she was still all smiles.
Isabel got on her horse for one last ride. It broke my heart a bit.
Then it was mom's turn. Around this time I couldn't believe these sweet ladies were willing to part with their awesome horse! I'm telling you--we're so blessed!
I had the girls pose for a last picture with Tootsie before we hauled her away.
Now the trailer test. Max leaned over to Tootsie and said, "If you load easily I really love you."
Tootsie smelled the trailer and the mysterious aroma of bovine feces,
and then hopped right in with her stiff little legs! What an angel.
The Wade children couldn't help but make themselves at home a little more before leaving.
generous little girls with gigantic hearts!
And this what we saw as we drove off. . .
When we made it back to the ranch, Tootsie was put in a round pen for the night. My mom, our friend Nancy, and Trish met us there to see the newest member to the family. Like I mentioned in last night's post, we were all smitten. Tootsie didn't seem to care she was in a strange new place with unfamiliar humans all around her. She let us pet and love all over her. Brooke and Trish both jumped on her bareback as she munched her hay. Again, she didn't move a muscle.
Thanks so much, Ginger, Abbi, and Isabel. We have a feeling your gift with touch many children's hearts!
There is quite a story once she was penned close to the geldings. I'll leave that for tomorrow night. That post will probably not be G rated. What can I say--it's nature.
Also up tomorrow--a meeting with a Rio Rancho official, a child nearly passing out from heat exhaustion, and some sad/exciting news! Never a dull day at GGYR.
8 comments:
Toots is such a doll! And wow, those 2 young ladies and their mom really do have such big hearts!
That swing thing that the kids were playing on- that looks awesome! Come on Michelle, do tell- did YOU take it for a spin too?
B, G and C sure do a great job of testing out horses!! You're jsut glad YOU didn't have to, right Michelle? Looks like she will make a great addition to GGYR. Dinner at 10:45....you all are crazy!!!
Looking forward to meeting and working with Tootsie (great name). Sounds kind of floozy, but I like that.
Your teasers at the end sound interesting -- can't wait.
Dan
What a sweet and generous gift. It made me cry. I can't help but notice that as well as being super gentle she is a great color to paint as well!
Oh, an adorable horse and a cliffhanger? What a great post!
Your new horse is so beautiful! She looks a lot like my show horse I had in my teens. Almost identical!
That is so nice of that family to give her to GGYR! Those girls looked so sweet!
What a great horse! Looks exactly like one I had as a child. Worth their weight in gold. Hope all was ok penned next to geldings. Mares, I swear. Mine had a go-around yesterday, two butt to butt kicking away. Had to run out to break it up. Was disgusted by their bad behavior, lol.
Can't wait to hear the rest of the story. What lovely girls to give up their old horse.
I must be a little hormonal today because that photo of the two sweet girls saying goodbye to their horse made me well up.
And what a gorgeous horse!
And I cracked up about Max saying "Women are trouble." To paraphrase Mae West, "Yes, trouble that every man would like to be caught in!"
Post a Comment