Friday, July 10, 2009

A Parade To Remember

I thought you might enjoy some scenes from our Fourth of July get away to Ouray, Silverton, and Ridgway (not a spelling error--just how they spell the name), Colorado. If you've never seen that part of the country, you should give it a looky. Gorgeous!

On the 4th we attended a parade in Ouray. What a blast and splash it was! I've never experienced a parade set in a small, picturesque setting. See the jet(?) flying over the mountain? I got so choked up shortly after it started, that tears started streaming down my face. I know, I know--silly. It was just one of those things for me. I could feel their small town pride. I felt caught up in the patriotic sentiments seen all around us.
Slug Bug!! Loved the truck.

The children (and Max and Chase) were relentless with their water guns. There were a few drivers giving dirty looks and asking people not to squirt them. My mature husband and Trish's mature husband took that as an open invitation to fire away. Their logic? Well, you don't enter a parade that is known for the water fun and expect not to get wet.
I must admit some were inappropriately dressed! But most looked great!

Just because the kids and I were amazed at the size of this leaf.--you'd think we were in Texas.
Water fights erupted all over the place. Good times. . .good times indeed!
After the parade we headed to the local park. In case anyone is wondering, Brooke can still take her brother in a foot race--at least for one more year.
Yes, yes--I should have removed my sunglasses for this photo. You get the idea without the wrinkles--win win solution.
We had such a wonderful vacation. More to come on the amazing people who made this possible for us.

12 comments:

Robin said...

Looks like you all had a great time. I cry at patriotic things too. Love the family photo!

Angela said...

I love Ouray! It is one of my all time favorite places to visit. So glad you guys made the trip.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

I love small town parades, too. I feel honored to be a part of them. Your family is so beautiful Michelle. :)

~Lisa

TjandMark said...

you guys are just so darn cute...with or without glasses

Dan and Betty said...

Great times. You should come to see the Corrales 4th parade. It's a good one as well and there are lots of horses and old cars.

Dan

Mikey said...

That's so awesome! I get the same way at those small town parades. The patriotic spirit just chokes me up!! Love it!!

Samantha said...

We're soul sisters...I get choked up at small town parades, too. :)

lisa said...

sounds like so much fun...i always feel that way on the 4th, too.

Melissa said...

I love the pictures!!! I really like the family picture....you guys are such an amazing family!!!

Andrea said...

It looks like a wonderful trip!! And the parade looks like it was a lot of fun!! And the mountains.....amazing!! We are headed to Colorado next Sunday!!

I am glad you guys got a vacation!

Stacey and Bill said...

I get choked up at parades too! The military portion usually does it for me! Thank you so much for your continued interest in my blog. I love your comments.

Laura The Crazy Mama said...

Oh! That sure looked like a great time!