OK, I lied. His ears are exactly the same as they were when he woke up this morning, but the last part was true. He also wanted to have a date night with Max and me. We had a very nice dinner at Lonestar where he feasted on steak and shrimp. Lucky guy, huh? Boy was he excited to get his own Coke at the movies--a new birthday tradition started last year and eagerly anticipated. We discovered something truly miraculous--instead of caffeine getting him all jazzed up, he is actually quite exhausted. Therefore, Max and I will now require him to drink a caffeinated beverage at every meal. I kid. That wouldn't be right. What kind of monster parents do you think we are?
Happy Birthday to our snake/lizard catching, critter loving, question asking son!
(photo by cindy)
Garrett, we love you very much. Thanks for keeping us on our toes and loving us with such enthusiasm--especially your dad. You are a blessing in our lives--we're happy you were born!
Readers, did I mislead you in last night's post and accidentally imply that the green grass was at GGYR? Ooops! I should be more clear in my posting. I will work on that from now on.
18 comments:
Happy Birthday to Garrett!!!
Happy Birthday Garrett! Keep on getting those snakes and lizzards! If I ever come to visit, don't chase me with them, cuz I will never come back! Just kiddin'!!
I hope your day was as great as you are. I know I sounded like a birthday card. But,you are a great kid. I do hope you get everything you wished for (even if it's a giant snake)
Happy Birthday G-Man!
Happy Birthday Garrett. I'm glad you're our friend.
Dan
Sounds like the day was a happy one! Lonestar.....wow! What movie did you all see?
Happy birthday Garret!
I was only gone for 6 days. No matter how much rain there was, I was pretty sure you couldn't grow a field of grass that fast!
Happy Birthday Garrett from all of us and especially your buddy Grant!
Happy Birthday, G! We love you!
Happy Birthday Garrett! We Love you & hope you had a great "date" with mom & dad!
Aw, what a cute birthday boy! And you beg the question...dunno, what kind of monster parents ARE you? :)
Happy Birthday Garrett and we are amazed that turkey didn't kick you in the face. What gives? Also Michelle, caffeine does the same thing to my youngest. He says that means he is hyper active or something like that. Apparently with super active people they are wired a bit differently. I dunno. But it is weird.
Happy Birthday Big Man!!! Love ya
we're happy you were born!?!
happy birthday garrett. sending the love all the way from washington by your FAVORITE aunt and toothless uncle! oh and the kids too. they love and miss you lots!
r
What a special, handsome kiddo you have! Nine is a big year! What a sweet post you did for him (you always crack me up with your sarcasm! ;)
Happy Birthday Garrett!! I hope he had a wonderful day! And all those bugs and snakes and such.....eakkkkk!!! Boys!! I hope he had a bug-tastic day!
I just want to say I think all your kids are amazing and I love that Garrett brings me Horned Toads and other reptiles when I am there! I adore him.
Melissa
Happy Belated Birthday Garrett!!
~Lisa
Post a Comment