For the past few months, Grant's little life has been planned out for him. Kaley is very much in charge of what they play and how they do it.
She also knows best what they would like to eat for lunch and have for a snack. A couple months back she took it to a whole new level. The way Trish tells it, Kaley spelled out how things will happen once they are older. Kaley's words in order of event:- When we get older we're going to go to school (college).
- I'm going to rodeo for a while.
- I will get a black pick-up truck with a pink horse trailer.
- Me and Grant are going to get married.
I guess Grant nodded his head in approval not knowing he had a say in the matter.


Fast forward two months to the day Grant announced to Kaley that he was no longer going to marry her.
Grant: We're not going to get married anymore.
Kaley: Yes we are.
Grant: OK


That has been the status lately. I'm sure the ever confident, ever in charge Kaley senses the weakness in little Grant. He is, after all, eight months younger than his fiance. What would he know about the ways of the world? Trish has had talks with Kaley about allowing Grant to have an opinion of his own and not being so bossy. I don't think Kaley was sold on the idea.
While we were hanging out with Trish and Chase last weekend at their house, I was noticing the interaction between Kaley and Grant. I commented that their marriage might be a little rough. Trish said, "Nah, Grant knows to listen to Kaley so things will be just fine." Isn't he one smart boy!?
On Tuesday a new chapter was added to the love story. Kaley told her Aunt Tracy that she and Grant will just be friends. I'm not breaking it to him---I'm sure she has it covered.

Kaley, my maybe future daughter-in-law but possibly not, Happy Birthday on this Valentine's Day. I hope you day is as sweet and fun as you are. Love ya.
13 comments:
That little love story made me smile this Valentine's morning! Those two are beyond precious.
Did Grant remember to get her chocolates?
Happy Birthday Kaley! Grant might as well learn now that the two most important words a husband can know is, "Yes, dear."
Great pictures of two great kids.
Dan
While looking at blog Kaley commented that Grant said "eeww" (not sure of spelling but idea was yucky) after kissing. Love you Kaley and so glad you are 4.
Grandma Pam
I can see it now....each of them riding a horse down the aisle to take their vows.....before they load up in the truck and drive off into the sunset...adorable! Happy Birthday Kaley! I wish we were there for the party!
Too sweet, happy birthday Kaley!
That is so adorable! It made me laugh. :) Happy Valentines Day!
Jarrah has many boy-friends, but no boyfriends to speak of. She certainly orders them all around, but there's been no talk of marriage. I guess she's weighing her options. ;)
Love this little love story!! So sweet, just like those two sweeties. Happy Birthday Kaley, so glad we got to spend part of it with you.
Happy Birthday my little valentine present and princess. I am sure you and Grant will have many more memories in the years to come
That was real sweet and it warmed my heart.
I love it. Happy Birthday to sweet Kaley. I love the photos.
Oh my, I love how he said they weren't getting married any more and she said that they were. That is too funny. Grant is such a cutie. It's so cute that they play like that.
My middle boy is three and he tells everyone that he is marrying Tori. She is 15 year old girl. The girl thinks it cute!! LOL!!
They look like a little Max and Michelle! It will be fun to watch how their relationship develops over the years.
JuJu
Aww thats so cute!! In the last pic of them kissing Grant doesn't look like he has a problem with it!! That's a cute little love story!!
Post a Comment