Being that Galloping Grace is a non-profit, we have a board set up to run the ranch. Tonight we had a meeting to go over all kinds of things. I bet it is no surprise to any of you that Trish is on the board. In fact, she's the treasurer. She happily reported a great many things--how we did at the pumpkin and tree stands, what we paid out this year, how much money was donated, and plans for the money in our checking account. We love Trish and her passion for running Galloping Grace.
This is the great Misha, our secretary. Misha has been right there for me since I was four years old, a true friend--precious but rare. (I had to throw that in for her sake. It's a quote from a gift I gave her when we were young.) Of course she would be on the board and support us through the crazy idea of opening a youth ranch. Thanks so much, Misha! We love you.
Two of our other board members couldn't make it tonight. That's OK--things went really well. We decided on a budget for 2009, scheduling, etc. I mostly ate cookies and doodled in my notebook. Some highlights for you:
- Our neighbor Mike got a quote to run water to our two properties. It came in at $99,000! Choke, gasp! The problem is that we need to run 2600 feet of water line to get from the source to our land. Along the way there are about six other properties that could benefit and possibly want to tap in. Only two houses are there now. For all we know, the other owners could have absolutely no interest in paying for water--especially if they have no plans of living there. If you're the praying type, please say one for us on this issue. Mike is going to talk to his boss about getting some type of discount.
- The man who volunteered to work on the website is trying to have it done by March. That's exciting news for us.
- We came up with a plan of how many and which horses we'll bring back to GG. We really need to be smart about money this year. Feeding mouths that won't be used is not in our best interest.
- It's a little early, but we started discussing how many Christmas trees we'll need to order this year. Max is interested in giving trees to other businesses who would then sell them on consignment. He also mentioned the possibility of opening another stand. Commit me now! I don't think I'd make it through.
I'll end by showing you the newest donation received today.
Misha's mom, Pam, gave us these beautiful handcrafted cards to send to all the terrific people contributing to Galloping Grace. (Our cousin Kristen also made some beautiful cards last summer for me.) Ms. Pam, I love them!!! Thank you so very much. My dilemma--should I send you one of your own creations?
Happy day.
11 comments:
You are so funny -- doodling in your notebook indeed! Silly girl. It really was amazing to listen to Trish rattle off all those numbers and to realize how very generous everyone has been over the past year with their time, their money, and their various other donations! Thank you so much to everyone -- GGYR couldn't do it without you!
Michelle, back atcha, oh precious and rare one. You know, I still have that thing you gave me.
Oh, and I so loved that picture of the white horse a few posts back!
:) Misha
Nice board meeting! And such nice board members. Were you enjoying a cherry-limeade? What kind of cookies? Any left-overs? :)
Truly am thrilled about the blessings at GG, gotta pray on that water!
Good post and good pictures - and well done to everyone - especially Brax. He's definitely better looking than Max.
Regards,
Dan
I think Brax is a Brat. Maybe when Max is done healing and back he will be the max and be sweet. Brax must have been at my super bowl party. Max would never be so pety to show up wearing a Steelers shirt. Guess I'm still a little bitter.
of course that would be your dilemma. no, you dont send her one of her own creations, you create your own card to send as a thank you.
r
Howdy. It said 5 people said howdy, so I guess I am number 6.
Call him what you will, Max, Brax it is fantastic to see him up right and smiling when just 5 short weeks ago we were all praying real hard and often that he would come through the most difficult time in his life. Wow! Wow and Wow!!!
JuJu
Good luck to you this year! By the way, your blog looks FABULOUS! I hope you keep this template (for the blog) when you switch the website.
Ooh, a website? I can't wait to see it! Getting all high tech on us.
Those notecards are awesome!!
And what wonderful folks you guys have out there, to help and donate.
What a productive meeting. And I was worried that Max's twin brother looks a bit tired. Maybe he should get some rest. :)
I will put your ranch on our prayer list for sure. I can't wait to see your website.
Post a Comment