Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Necessity--The Mother Of Invention

Yesterday was remove contents of pumpkin stand and Christmas Corral that were thrown in Max and Michelle's garage day. Let me tell ya, it was about time!

Apparently, we burned ourselves out by the time the stands shut down. There were stockings and Santas and pumpkin stamps and waivers and snacks and signs and price tags and baby wipes and saws and Christmas lights and scarecrows and hoof picks and toy tractors and extension cords and staple guns and hammers and music CDs and corn pieces and paper plates and Mr. Pumpkin head pieces and a few other hundred things! When it was all said and done, it was all we could do to thrust the contents of my car and Max's truck into the wasteoid that is our garage. Folks, it wasn't pretty. We knew something had to be done so that we could actually walk around in there without tripping. Thanks to Trish's assistance yesterday, we're not near as disgusting today. Max, Trish, Kaley, Grant, and I loaded up and headed out to Galloping Grace to unload everything in the storage trailer out there. (The storage trailer that Fincham is so kindly allowing us to borrow!)
See the beautiful pile of wood below? This split rail fence is a new addition to the Galloping Grace family. Max picked it up yesterday from D. A. Baker construction company. Doug and gang, thank you so much for your donation! We have great plans of putting it up in our park area. I know it will look beautiful.

Warning--this post is nearing the end of being pleasant. Please prepare yourselves for something a little shocking and rather disgusting. You might want to stop reading really soon. I'm serious!

Not yet. This is still pretty sweet. It's Kaley and Grant enjoying the beautiful 72* day on the edge of the "mountain". (They're little--I'm sure it looks like a mountain to them.)Still sweet. Starting to get a little more disgusting. They tried to wipe off that kiss. Folks, this is where you should close down this post. If you do not want to think less of me and the things I write, I BEG you to call it a day. I am compelled, in the interest of journalistic truth, to show what happened next. You, however, are not compelled to read on. You shouldn't. I'm sure you won't want to see this. Who really wants to read such garbage? And still I push forward.
A little background before I proceed. In an attempt to save costs, Trish called and had the port-a-potty removed from the ranch. It doesn't make much sense to be paying for a service we are not using. When we are up and running again, we'll have it returned.


Do not read any farther.

If you're still hanging in here, please remember that you have been warned repeatedly.

Max and Trish were working on unhitching the trailer from his truck while I was taking pictures. We hear from Kaley's sweet little mouth, "Mom, I have to go poop." Trish responds with, "OK Kaley, we're leaving really soon. Can you wait because we don't have the port-a-potty anymore?"

You would think that the three adults on the premises would have noticed that we didn't get a response. Imagine our surprise when we looked over and saw this! And yes, it was too late to stop the act(s). The deed, if you will, had been done X 2. As parents, we were mighty impressed that they came up with this all on their own!! I mean, how many four and three year olds would think to sit on the edge of a sharp, rusty trough to handle their business? That takes talent and determination and NEED.

Can you see where this post is headed now?!
When it came time to wipe them, things really got crazy. A certain little girl fell back--yuck! Not good. I think I'll omit what happened with a certain animal. Even I think that might be a little much with all the gulping and swallowing. I will tell you that Trish and I started laughing hysterically. Then, Trish started to gag and tear up. Good times. I haven't laughed that hard in quite a while.

A word to all you dog lovers out there:
You might not want to let Hank give you kisses any time soon. I'm just saying. And just when we thought we had purchased the perfect dog...
May you always have a place to handle your business--and may that place have smooth sides and be far away from hungry canines. Goodbye forever, repulsed readers.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

This lends a whole new meaning to 'man's, (children's best friend). Talk about unconditional love??
JuJu

Cindy said...

I can just see the slideshow you will have running at their wedding.

And thanks to their creativity, you will no longer need the portapotty. I mean, that big "toilet" is crowd sized.

Clever little people.

Anonymous said...

The bathroom is the most difficult room to decorate and now have the perfect picture to frame and put in the bathroom!
Nice one.

dena said...

It's just protein, right?!?


Tastes like chicken?!?



OK, I'm really reaching now, trying to make it all better.


Oh, I know...


When ya' gotta go, ya'...


I think I've said enough.

Dan and Betty said...

What is disgusting is a mother who would take pictures of her children in such a vulnerable moment - close to child abuse ;)

Great pictures though and Hank looks like a happy dog.

Dan (just kidding as always)

Robin said...

I'm really not sure what to say...

It did make me laugh though!

Regina said...

wow, you were right when you said you reached a whole new low!
nice pic of hank's tongue though.
r

Pam said...

Thanks so much for the laugh, Michelle! It made my day!

Our life is a bowl of Barry's said...

OMG..the things we miss out on since we don't hang out nearly enough! Good times....

Andrea said...

A Country Boy and Girl can Servive!! LOL!! My boys do that all the time. Well, not on the edge of a rusty old watering trough. And we use wipes not dogs for the clean up process!! LOL!! That is great!! Keep those pictures for when they get married!!

Katy said...

i'm laughing out loud...classic!

Pam said...

I am laughing so hard there are tears running down my face and same thing, I am thinking about how when they are older these pictures are going to be brought out. Plus I do think it is very ingenius for them to come up with this idea!
Grandma Pam

Tammy Staley said...

No comment on the subject matter... but the pics! The pics are awesome, great depth of field! :)

TjandMark said...

Michelle, Michelle.... I sit laughing and laughing and Mark in his recliner keeps saying, "what, what?". Finally I wipe the tears away and tell him he has to read it himself. He might not find it as funny though. He is a bit respectable, you know.

Elizabeth said...

Oh my, I am laughing so hard that I have tears in my eyes...I can just see the whole thing right now! Oh, and by the way, I will no longer be getting a dog after reading this post!! :)

Samantha said...

Ah, now there's the kind of RUSTIC ranch-life post I've been expecting all along. ;) It's nice to know y'all are truly roughing it now and again. ;)

Keri said...

Okay, Michelle. I've spent HOURS catching up. I read everything. And I missed you mucho!
This post is so, so, so cute!
Skunks, poo, rats, rattle snake sores, hamster wheels....
so is GG open? It looked like you were close.